Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
granturismoman
Rudyard77
Racerluc
SOULREND KNIGHT
Mr Antt
11 posters

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 2 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by Mr Antt Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:54 am

Indeed it was! I'm running it as a tribute to Kimi Raikkonen paired with his Iceman logo Smile

I was fine in the first race, but unfortunately the aero damage seriously hampered my second race, couldn't get into sixth gear. My pit stop perhaps wasn't required, but my suspension was damaged anyway, so I took the risk. Managed to claw back two places so it's not all bad.

The results have been posted in the official thread if you want to take a look. It's looking very close at the moment. Two heats is definitely the right way to go with this championship!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 2 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

That was the most exciting race I have ever taken part in all my driving years, I don't care if I come last in every other race, it took me a while to settle down it was sooooo nerve wracking Smile
    The driving was first class from what I saw, nothing more than a little paint trading,it's hard not to, "Sorry guys".
    The starting grid looked amazing in the replay with all the matching paint work.

I really appreciate being part of this.

Thank you to all who took part for a great evenings racing.

See you in round 2 Smile

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:36 am

Correction, round 3 Razz

Glad you enjoyed it though, as much as I knew I was never going to hold you back, or catch you up!

I definitely more horsepower for next week.

Hopefully, I'll also have a new wheel by then Very Happy
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMhiag6yelM&feature=plcp

cheers
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

Hey Guys
    What a great night of racing !
    I had a blast racing with you guys , it was competative,fast,exciting but fair racing which is what its all about, but most of all respect and a laugh with all involved.
    Well done to all and a big thanks to Ant for getting this off the ground cheers
    Sim
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

I had great fun last night, really enjoyed the racing.

Well done to Soul and Eighteen o five, you two were flying around that course!

Nice video that by the way Eighteen O Five, just shows how tightly fought and fair a race it was.

Looking forward to round 3, Im off to practise my pitting in. Very Happy

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 2 Pitlane
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 26 Aug 2012, 2:33 am

Jim, that photo is simply brilliant! You really were cutting it close there.

Anyway, thank you all for the thanks, but it's not me you need to be thanking. For without all of you taking part, giving suggestions and what-not, it simply wouldn't have worked. All I did really was set the lobby up Smile

Glad you enjoyed it though, and if I don't before - I'll see you next Friday!
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm

some pre-race practice was done last night , think this race is going to be very close...............as long as i dont blow my gearbox again !! Sad

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 11:39 pm

yeah, I've wrecked my gearbox too and my engine also lit up in an unfriendly orange colour on the "damage scheme". Laughing

I expect the race will be harder with more damages and (unintentional!!!) collisions because of the more narrow track and the several possible racing lines in some corners.

In yesterday*s practising we found out that everyone in nearly every lap goes out of the track after the first corner to keep his speed. To avoid discussions about this behaviour and to clarify things before the race starts I would like to suggest that we legalise that.

But only this one time at only this track and only after the first corner!!!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

Yeah, I'll second that. Turn 1 is pretty terrible, so we'll not worry about breaching track limits there. Of course, it will effect clean laps, but once the field spreads out we'll not have to worth about it Smile

Shame I missed the testing last night, but I've been doing plenty privately Razz
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 1:12 am

Sounds like I'd best be getting a few practise laps in myself... or I'll be left in the dust by the sounds of it!

Looking forward to tomorrow Very Happy
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

SimF40 wrote:some pre-race practice was done last night , think this race is going to be very close...............as long as i dont blow my gearbox again !! Sad

Yeah, there was quite a lot of smoke coming from your car by the end Very Happy

All it takes is 1 or 2 messed up gear changes and it makes the car totally useless.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm

toying with the idea of auto gears................................ Idea
    roll on tonight !!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

SimF40 wrote:toying with the idea of auto gears................................ Idea
    roll on tonight !!

Auto gears - how come? Won't that slow you down considerably? Or is that to ensure that the engine doesn't sustain any gear-change damage..... ahhh, I see! That's actually a very shrewd idea!

Really excited for this evening. bounce I ran a few Hock laps last night, but I seemed to be well off the pace of everyone else's best hot-lap times. Oh well, I guess my plan will be to keep the car in as good condition as possible and hopefully I can make some ground up in the later stages of the race. It will be huge fun regardless of my finishing position Very Happy
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:47 am

Mr Antt wrote:Yeah, I'll second that. Turn 1 is pretty terrible, so we'll not worry about breaching track limits there. Of course, it will effect clean laps, but once the field spreads out we'll not have to worth about it Smile

Shame I missed the testing last night, but I've been doing plenty privately Razz

I was going to mention the same thing regarding turn 1 there is a big advantage here as I also found chasing Jim who did go wide and disappeared as i kept it within track limits, the following laps I thought if you cant beat e'm join e'm and caught back up by going wide, I think your decision is the right one as it would be a nightmare to monitor. Jim I am just giving this as an example and am in no way calling you a rotten cheat tongue we had a great run.

Good Luck to everyone, I am sure it will be another exciting event.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:13 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:
    Mr Antt wrote:Yeah, I'll second that. Turn 1 is pretty terrible, so we'll not worry about breaching track limits there. Of course, it will effect clean laps, but once the field spreads out we'll not have to worth about it Smile

I was going to mention the same thing regarding turn 1 there is a big advantage here as I also found chasing Jim who did go wide and disappeared as i kept it within track limits, the following laps I thought if you cant beat e'm join e'm and caught back up by going wide, I think your decision is the right one as it would be a nightmare to monitor. Jim I am just giving this as an example and am in no way calling you a rotten cheat tongue we had a great run.

Good Luck to everyone, I am sure it will be another exciting event.

haha Very Happy , thing is I wasn't delibrately going wide to go faster, if your being chased and pushing hard and don't slow down enough its very easy to run wide on that turn.

Also, if you slam on your brakes to keep a clean lap, you will probably have people going into the back of you as the track is narrow at that point.

Its a good decision letting everyone run wide on that corner as I recon everyone would be disqualified after the full 21 laps
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:25 am

I think in all fairness, if you run wide occasionally, the only penalty you receive is the dirty laps, risking your chance of the extra point. But if you're breaching track limits purposely lap after lap to gain an advantage, that's when things need to be investigated and proper penalties handed out.

I know nobody would purposely cut corners or anything of the sort, but turn 1 is horrid. If you go wide you go wide, and if you do it every lap of the race you'll get no clean laps this missing out on the bonus point if other members run a clean lap.

I think it's only fair to not hand out penalities for this corner in particular, I'm making an exception here. But I do ask, if you have the room on track, please attempt to take the corner as intended, it's only fair.

Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:14 am

Hmmmmmmm, to have couple of pre-race go-faster-beers or not. That is the question.
    Well........ I guess it would be foolish not to Very Happy
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:18 am

I did that last week, and to be honest I think the effect it had wasn't one to give me any form of advantage!

Luckily this week, I've got none left to drink Razz

What's on the menu though Richard? It was Guinness for me last week Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:29 am

I'm on the local Northern Swedish plonk, otherwise known as Norrlands Guld (rough translation: North Land's Gold. Its just weak lager - but the can features some nice scenery). Smile You get the taste for the cheap stuff when any pint in a pub costs over a fiver...
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:36 am

It's not cheap. Sucks :/

Oh, and for the younger ones - We are in no way advising you drink AT ALL.

I'm responsible.

Ish.

Very Happy
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:40 am

I skipped the cans last friday because of the racing, but can't say I raced any better for it Smile

Think Ill wait until the break between rounds and crack one open this week
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:36 am

Congrats and condolences to all of this evenings participants.

Results have been updated, and after 4 rounds, it's still anyone's championship!

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:41 am

Great races again tonight, although I'm still confused why my tunning set up didnt load up for the first race!

Just watched the 2nd race replay, plenty of argy bargy after the first corner?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:Great races again tonight, although I'm still confused why my tunning set up didnt load up for the first race!

Just watched the 2nd race replay, plenty of argy bargy after the first corner?

There's an announcement I'd like everyone to read.

Sorry it's a little "ranty", but it addresses this exactly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 1:14 pm