Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
granturismoman
Rudyard77
Racerluc
SOULREND KNIGHT
Mr Antt
11 posters

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 5 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Wed 19 Sep 2012, 4:46 am

Still kicking myself for pitting in on a snap desision, thought I might get a good run with clear track and catch jim after he pitted, Ah....! I completely lost pace and made one mistake after another, should have stayed with him it was so much fun being so well matched, very happy with P2 though, Super drive by jim.

The replays are so entertaining most players find someone to have a good battle with which is what it's all about Smile

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 5 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 22 Sep 2012, 4:58 am

Hi guys, I've been away with work for a couple of weeks so sadly had to miss last week's races. However, I'm at my parent's today and ideally would like to participate in this evening's Infineon session. If there are no objections, perhaps I can race using my Dad's Xbox and gamertag... I have the race livery etc. Assuming this is ok with people, I'll send Ant a club request using the tag: GJ Late Braker. Next week I'll be home and back on my usual G-Tag.

Cheers all, hope to see you on track later.

Richard
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:33 am

Yep, that's fine by me.

Good to have you back (almost) Smile
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:59 am

You might recognise this corner... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_FVaNKy0g
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:24 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:You might recognise this corner... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_FVaNKy0g

That's all too familiar for me...

Razz

On another note, I've finally got round to updating the results, go check them out!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:35 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:You might recognise this corner... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_FVaNKy0g

Laughing See, it even happens to the pros
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:39 pm

Makes us look good !! affraid
    Elzomb01
    Elzomb01

Post by Elzomb01 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

I recommend them to push on "Y" to rewind What a Face
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:05 am

Tonight was great fun (as per usual).

Cracking first race, especially the last 10 laps where I had a fairly intense battle with Spencer. Almost threw it away at the end, but ended up rather fortunate.

In the second race I cocked it up. A few silly mistakes threw me towards the back of the pack having earlier been in second place. I must apologise to Axel - I'm really sorry I bumped you mate and screwed up your race. I braked too late and it was entirely my mistake. Apologies.

Looking forward to next week.

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:37 am

I am out of the club events - for once and for all. Week for week for week it is the same. I'll better go racing in a public lobby. There I know what I have to expect.

It is not meant in a personal way against you Richard, it is meant in general. Every two weeks we have a discussion about incidents, damage on or off and what-not. I am sick of it, my cellar is full of "sorrys" and "thank yous" but they can't bring back anything. At least 5 of my races are ruined by someone. Nice quota... that's really clean racing.

Last edited by bluesky0870 on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

bluesky0870 wrote:I am out of the club events - for once and for all. Week for week for week it is the same. I'll better go racing in a public lobby. There I know what I have to expect.

That's a bit rational don't you think?

Forgive me, but I don't think there's any need to be like that. It's not like it happens on purpose.

On another note, thanks to all who were involved tonight, if it weren't for my shoddy driving I'd have had two podiums I reckon Razz

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

Where have I said with one word that anyone did something on purpose?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:03 am

bluesky0870 wrote:Where have I said with one word that anyone did something on purpose?

Please understand my reply wasn't an accusation, it was merely a point to explain that unfortunately accidents happen, and unfortunately for you a great deal of damage is done to your race.

I just don't think dropping out of events altogether is a good solution. However, if that is your decision, it's one I have to respect as I do see why you would make such a decision. No pressure to take part, but it is a shame for you not to.
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

bluesky0870 wrote:I am out of the club events - for once and for all. Week for week for week it is the same. I'll better go racing in a public lobby. There I know what I have to expect.

Blue, you have had some bad luck I agree, dont take it to hard, I really feel for you Sad , I can understand your frustration having watched some of the replays, it does keep happening to you.
    Think of the good close races you have had not the bad ones.
    I think everyone has had a shunt or two, I got collected tonight by a car bouncing off the barrier in front, just bad luck, I shunted Jim under breaking but we held it together just a tiny error, I did a stupid move down the inside and caused a scuffle but I pulled over to let the casualties past, my bad sorry, its all to easy to commit to something and then have it not quite go as visualized, it does happen to everyone that's racing, unfortunately more to some than others. Your good run will come. bounce

Look to the next race, I hope we see you on the grid next race . and hopefully before Smile you cant let it get you down.

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

I just re watched the 2nd race ( as I was a bit miffed I threw away a 2nd place! ) & I watch Bluesky's race too. I think he was in a tough position, a 4 way battle with the front running cars from the 1st race.

All I can say is - its one thing to be able to do a fast lap: hitting the right lines & apex's, its another thing to be able to tune & build a fast car, BUT its another thing to learn race craft: How to be consistant & not make mistakes, how to pick the right time to make an overtake & how to drive safely at 100% - a meter of another cars bumper.

I think these types of race we have is the only place you will learn this, not against the AI & 90% of the time - not in a public lobby! We are all still learning & I think we are getting better, although racing is always tough - other wise it wouldn't be racing!

If you go watch the 1st of tonights races me & Rudyard had a VERY close 10 or so laps worth of clean close racing right up until the finish.

It would be a shame if anyone decides not to join in anymore & I think other club members dont know what they are missing!!!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 6:02 pm

Good racing yesterday! Another track where its difficult to overtake as its narrow and all the cars are so evenly matched that even on the straight there is not much between them. Great race Soul, that 1st race I knew it was just a matter of time before you got past, and the 2nd race it was lucky there were only 13 laps or you would have caught me again I'm sure!

Sorry to hear what your saying Blue, I understand what you mean, is frustrating when you get span off and lose a few positions especially when its not your fault. And especially if it keeps happening.

If you are not enjoying the racing, then there is no reason to participate. However Im sure there were some very close races and battles over the weeks that didn't end in disaster. I guess you will just not get that every week and race. I think everyone has been span off and wiped out at some point over the weeks.

Anyway, hope to see you next week.

SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm

its sad to hear someone wanting to leave Crying or Very sad , think about it for a while , maybe miss a race and come back stronger and things will turn around for you. Very Happy
    first race last night was hard fought , Soul , Ant and me tried to do a 3 way round the chicane at the back end of the circuit and it didnt work...............but hey thats racing
    second race was totally naff................made up some ground on the start and then totally lost control of the car , ended up going backwards unble to do any thing , then managed to get going again but stuck in 6th gear , for some reason my contoller woulndt let me change gear, had to cruise aroung in 6th for a few laps then it came back to life and the gears would shift, hope i kept out of everyones way will i was trying to get sorted, but still bagged some useful points.

So Bluesky..............please have a break and come back !!
    cheers
    Sim

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:my cellar is full of "sorrys" and "thank yous" but they can't bring back anything.

Obviously there's nothing else I can do aside from apologise for my stupid error. I had Jim and Si close on my tail at the time - I over cooked things and mis-judged the brake point. I can't undo that, however, I'd be happy for Ant to transfer any points I scored from the race over to you (my penalty for the incident). Alternatively, I could pull over and start from the back of the grid for the next race (a 10 sec penalty or something - whatever is considered appropriate).

More generally Axel, I realise you've been the victim in these races more than anyone else, and that really does suck. However, surely that has to be down to bad luck - there's no reason why you should be consistently involved in more incidents that the rest of us. I'm sure there'll be plenty of races to come where you have a clean run. I don't believe any of the incidents that have happened over the series have been intentional. We try to race fairly and for the most part its closely fought, action-packed stuff. Of course there will be incidents here and there - it wouldn't be proper racing otherwise and we are gamers at the end of the day, not professional drivers. Crashes happen in any race series the World over, from Go Karting, to Touring Cars, to F1. People make errors of judgement in the heat of the moment. I'm sure that similar incidents happen across the Forza World in every club racing league.

Ok, I'm done. I'm honestly sorry Axel. It would be a real shame if you stop racing with us over moments like this.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Results updated!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:39 pm

By everyone's quick response and words to you post blue I hope you get the hint, you will be missed.

I think we need to get together mid week for a spot of racing to put the fun back into you game.

Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 1:28 am

First of all, as mentioned before, I don't blame on you in a personal way Richard. You are knowing what I think about you and that I am not angry with you on a personal base.
    It is simply demotivating in general to see my race ruined. not just the race but also the hours I spend on practising and tuning.
    Yes. maybe I am involved in unintentioned incidents more than others and I should take it with a laugh (what I usually do) but sometimes you reach a point where the fun turns into frustation.
    Yes, accidents CAN happen but DO they HAVE TO happen that often? ( unattached of me...)
    I race hard too but can anyone complain about a situation (except of the controller turned off itself with fully loaded accu cells yesterday and for that reason 18 05 crashed into me) where I shot someone off the track or made someone turning around? I guess not. Is it so hard to brake a little bit earlier with a car in front of you than you usually do in hotlapping? By god I don't expect anyone to race like a nun but it must be possible that not every week another one is the victim of someone. I fought hard battles for many laps too with Anthony, Jim, Simon, Stripeyboy, fraser e.g. and some manouevres from both sides were hard but that's racing. They were fair and without any disadvantage for someone.
    No one expects anyone to be perfect and if I was taken out of 2 or 3 races I would say too "Shit happens" but to know that in 1 of 2 races I will be a victim is really frustating.
    All this is NOT said explicit to a special person ( as far as I know anyone of you I can't say anything bad about anyone) and I can seperate race action from personality but it would be nice if you let each other live on the track and better wait until the next corner and take over "safe".

By the way, can someone please send me the video of yesterday's second race? Laughing
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 30 Sep 2012, 5:02 am

I see your point Axel, I really do, but please reconsider, it's clear to see we all want you there.

I'll happily send you the replay, no problem Smile
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 4:17 am

lets try and do another mid week race, the ovals we did last time were great fun for everyone who took part !
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:35 am

What do you think are the chances we can get all 13 racers that have played so far & MORE to turn up this coming friday for a race!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

My sincerest apologies, but at the moment I'm afraid I'll be absent from this weeks racing.
    Reasons I'm not going to disclose to anybody, sorry. If things change, I'll see you there. If not, see you guys next week.

Again, I am sorry.

Regards,

- Anthony.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm