Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
jim1
EighteeN O FivE
6 posters

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

jim1
    jim1

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by jim1 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:14 am

I had a few test laps around Infinion with and without clutch. There is definitely an advantage using the clutch, I could pull away from my ghost with each gear change on the straits. Not sure how much time it adds up to by the end of the lap, my laps were too inconsistent to tell.

I found a thread on the forzamotorsport website which explains it all better. You can apparently save 1 or 2 seconds a lap using the clutch depending on the tune and track:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5088309.aspx

So I think the fairest thing is to force manual gears with no clutch so nobody is getting a big advantage.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:24 pm

jim1 wrote:So I think the fairest thing is to force manual gears with no clutch so nobody is getting a big advantage.

I'll message people on Xbox then just so everyone knows.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

Slightly but slowly it is a little bit confusing... Why don't you leave the tunes alone as they had been? Evo A600 and Subaru S610 and only set the lobby restrictions to manual without clutch only. The cars were pretty even in lap time comparison. By changing the tune AND the lobby settings you'll give an advantage to the one or the other car...
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 24 Mar 2013, 8:22 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:Evo A600 and Subaru S610 and only set the lobby restrictions to manual without clutch only. The cars were pretty even in lap time comparison.

Sorry for the confusion. This will be what's used.
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sun 24 Mar 2013, 11:16 pm

Forcing the manual clutch off is the right choice, the whole idea of this fixed tune championship was for everyone to have an equal footing and allow consistent good driving decide the winner, as a non clutch user I can see the clutch advantage each week as the pack slips away and I overdrive the car in a hope to catch up, which from my results doesn't happen.
    I'm happy you all see the advantage and agree to revert back to the non manual, it will be interesting to see the results of the change next week.

See you on track, I will be on mid week for some testing if anyone would like to join me.

It is communication like this that makes this club so great. Very Happy

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 25 Mar 2013, 12:28 am

Was also thinking as it's halfway through the season I'm going to add the Clio Cup series, so from this week it will be a 15 min race & you will score seperate points.

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:Forcing the manual clutch off is the right choice, the whole idea of this fixed tune championship was for everyone to have an equal footing and allow consistent good driving decide the winner.

See you on track, I will be on mid week for some testing if anyone would like to join me.

It is communication like this that makes this club so great. Very Happy

I think, the manual shifting without clutch is fine for everyone and a fair deal as long as Spencer leaves the tunes like they are. Laughing

If I am at home, I'll join you for sure. Feel free to invite me.

I think, we are only a small core of active members, but this core fits together as a butt fits on a bucket. A small bunch of great guys willing to help each other.

I don't know if the clio cup is a good idea atm, Jim, Sim and me are racing on mondays with the 1ftr- guys and Sim and me on tuesdays too in several race series and cups. So time is becoming short to prepare for all of them.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:08 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:Was also thinking as it's halfway through the season I'm going to add the Clio Cup series, so from this week it will be a 15 min race & you will score seperate points.

Im good to race this as well, most weeks I stay on for a few races after the main races on a friday anyway. I like the clio, handles so well after driving the heavy evo!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:10 am

I really like Clio to so I will be there for some paint scraping. Smile

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:58 am

I think the lap time results from testing this evening confirmed that without a manual clutch we are much closer,
    I have a feeling there will be some good close battles.

jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 1:52 am

Yes, Im sure the races will be much closer from now on.

Im glad we had a few practice laps around there, I didn't realise it was so easy to flip the car around there, lol
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:13 am

Just a though (& I'll send a message out on Xbox) but as its easter weekend is everyone about Friday night?
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:15 am

I have started to hit every curb during test laps just to see which ones flip the car the most as I have spent more than one race viewing the world as a bat . lol!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:16 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:Just a though (& I'll send a message out on Xbox) but as its easter weekend is everyone about Friday night?

Im ok for friday
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 30 Mar 2013, 4:04 am

ill be there.
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:10 am

Some close fair racing this evening, well done jim, once again I cracked under pressure, Very Happy really enjoyed it.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:18 pm

It was a good battle that! Unlucky on the last lap of the sprint Smile

The best lap times seemed much closer between everyone.

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:58 am

Points updated!

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:12 am

Hooray, another Subaru- tune. cheers
    Spencer, why don't leave the tunes alone? And where is the S610- tune terrible to drive at the Alps? Maybe your method to brake with the engine doesn't work on that track with that car????

I've tested all three cars now (2 WRX and 1 Evo- tune) for 8 laps each on the Festival- Track
    WRX S610: 1:53:2xx
    Evo: 1:53:3xx
    WRX S609: 1:52:5xx (with diff build in and 4kg more weight)

all driven manual with clutch, but doesn't matter, because by not using the clutch I'll have the same "disadvantage" in all cars.

In all cars I am able to find some tenth more by learning the track.

What do you wanna do next? Upgrade the Evo? Present the 4th WRX- tune? Jim told you that the cars were even, I told you the same too after testing both for 30 laps. Why do we test and give response as long as you are still doing arts and crafts?

To be honest, I don't mind what tune will be chosen, let decide Jim, Soul or fraser.

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

I don't get any testing or practice time at the moment, but I had 20 mins in the Impreza today then soon as I switched to the Evo straight away I though it was so much easier to corner in. I tried front spoiler but that didn't work so I put in a differential & set it to 70% rear which I felt worked.

I know the cars have a different drive style but I have never felt 100% happy with the Impreza but I think it is ok now.

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:19 pm

If it is ok for you that the Subaru is 1 sec faster now than the Evo the whole idea of 2 evenly matched cars is gone. Or do you wanna upgrade the Evo now too?
    Surely the cars have a different drive style, that's a basic part of the whole game. Otherwise we should go playing Need for Speed.
    Before you released the S610-tune for the Subaru I had given you the advice to put in a differential. Now, when both cars were even, you put it in?

As said I don't mind about running which tune but I can foresee that next week we can await at least one other tune.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

It is too late in the week to use tonight, Jim has told me it drives better now though. I have just had no time to test things out & the 610 tune was just a bit of a quick fix.

You know I was thinking of using 3 different cars for the next season, maybe this will be only 1 now.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

I tested the Evo and the S610 Sub around Bernese, and I was a second quicker in the Sub. I thought it handled ok if you were careful with the brakes so as not to unsteady the car. The Sub is quicker in the straights, and this track has a lot of straights.

I think it depends on the track, on some tracks the cars are pretty equal, on tracks with lots of corners and hairpins the Evo is quicker, on tracks with lots of straights the Sub is quicker - in generaly I have found the Evo is more consistent to drive, the Sub my lap times are up and down because it is not as easy to put the car where you want on the track.

I tested the Sub S609 tune for 2 laps and I beat my previous best Sub time by 0.2 seconds. If I carried on lapping, I would have increased that margin I'm sure. Im not sure about other tracks, but by improving the handling of the Sub, it might have potentially made it quite a bit quicker than the Evo - and we are back to square 1 lol.

If your asking my opinion, I think we should use the S610 Sub and the Evo and leave it at that. We will never get them perfectly equal, and they are pretty close as they are - some tracks are always going to benefit 1 over the other depending on the track layout.

Maybe for the next series, if it has 2 or 3 cars, we could make it so you could only use the car for half the tracks and then you had to use the other car for the remaining tracks, so it is more tactical? Rather than trying to balance the cars perfectly because it is a losing battle I think.
    fraser54
    fraser54

Post by fraser54 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:56 am

Hi guys, i am unable to attend this weeks racing as i will be away for a couple of days. I will be back next week though. Try to behave and have fun without me:) Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:30 pm