Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
jim1
EighteeN O FivE
6 posters

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship Empty Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:33 am

After testing out stock A Class tunes for both these cars I'm looking for people to sign up for a championship starting Fri 22nd at 9pm.
    There is nothing adjustable on them except for the tire pressures, so you can just turn up & race!
    Will be the same format as other championships: 1st race 20 odd laps & pit stop / 2nd race 8 odd laps & no pit stop.

The tunes are free on my store front if you want to try them out.

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship 2wr3msi

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship 67p5ic

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship 2qjk21d

If this goes well I have already found a few other cars that work well with a non adjustable Stock Tune for more 'Arrive & Drive' championships.

Last edited by EighteeN O FivE on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    jim1
    jim1

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by jim1 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:37 pm

I'll race!
    SimF40
    SimF40

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by SimF40 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm

count me in cheers
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:21 am

Just a little update - Both cars are now A600. I'm not fussed what paint scheme you use but I do have a basic TREU one for each car that you can just add your name & number to if you want.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Sorry, I've been without phone, internet and IP- TV for 6 days, German T-Com had to open the boardwalk only for me. Laughing So I was not able to manage to race on friday.

count me in too please. Sounds good.
    Stripeyboy

Post by Stripeyboy Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:21 pm

Count me in but will only be able to race every other week(work).
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Tue 12 Feb 2013, 5:50 am

I,m in, It will be good to have some fun races with you all again, the 22nd is great I will have time to get back into the swing of things. I've been totally hooked on Xcom of late.

Nice car I,ll test drive as soon as I can, I would like the TRUE paint scheme if you would send it to me please, nice job.

Happy Days. Smile
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Wed 13 Feb 2013, 5:19 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:Nice car I,ll test drive as soon as I can, I would like the TRUE paint scheme if you would send it to me please, nice job.

Sent, just need to add your race number & a few logo's if you like. I don't mind if you change the blue either, mine is red!

You also might want to try a dab of the hand brake as you hit the apex on corners, these cars slide VERY nice!

Cool
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Thu 14 Feb 2013, 5:36 am

I gave both cars a quick spin last night, great choice very nice to drive, thanks for paint job.
    which tracks are we doing, is there a list yet?

Looking forward to it.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:59 am

I have an Idea for the tracks to use & I'll write up a proper post next week.

Should be online Friday at 9 for another test session this week!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 10:52 am

Thank you all for a great evening of racing. It has been good to see you back on track. The cars are both fun to drive and matched evenly. It seems to become a great series.
    In my eyes the Evo handles better, but the WRX is slightly faster and has a better gear ratio, what means that you don't have to shift as many times as in the Evo.
    So both cars at even strength.

SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm

great racing last night , just having some connection issues at the moment , good close race with bluesky at Motegi!
    cant wait for this series to start
    cheers
    sim
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:30 pm

Results now up! What did we all think? Some great close racing I thought!

Just a point to remember though - Even if you crash out & end up running last you still get points!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

I didn't have my headset last night so I couldn't hear what was being said. What was the re-start for?
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:56 pm

it was a tough race,I saw a couple of bad crashes, I rolled my car on the kerbs the same place as Blue, and avoided doing so another couple of times only to end up in the gravel. hats of to those times though 1:11:8++ is the best I can get , Fraisers 1:09:++ is out of reach for me Smile I watched the replays to see where I could gain time , I noticed only a couple of corners where I used a lower gear, which I tried the same evening and made the 1:11:++, Oh!... it just occurred to me, Do any of you use driving aids? as even at the starts I was left behind, just wondered.

looking forward to next week.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:44 am

jim1 wrote:I didn't have my headset last night so I couldn't hear what was being said. What was the re-start for?

I thought someone had gone off into the wall quite bad?

I don't use any driver aids but I think using a manual gearbox with clutch is a bit quicker?

Those kerbs were a bit of a mare, Blue was in the lead too when he rolled it! Mugello & Mapel valley will be fun!
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:08 am

going to back out of this series guys.........just not on the pace, and big apologies to blue and soul , my bad for out braking the corner and taking you off.
    well done to fraser for winning the first race win ,
    all the best
    Sim
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:12 am

I got a cracking start, went from back of the grid to 1st, then had to restart because everyone had quit out which didn't seem fair.

I don't think the race should get restarted because someone gets a bad start. Thats part of the race. I had a crap 1st lap on the restart but the race didn't get restarted. Just saying.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 4:42 am

I did not understand the restart too... although Sim's and my car snagged to each other in the 2nd corner and we both went far and wide off the track. But for sure we were not the reason for the restart, it must have been fraser who was the reason for it. I've no clue why...
    So to avoid argues or disharmonies I plead for restricting any restarts and for some more care at the start.

@Sim: Don't worry about marmalizing me. As long as I know it doesn't happen on purpose or with too much aggression I can live with it.

Some of us had done a few test runs and in those I've never managed to roll over any of the cars. I was totally surprised when I found myself upside down in the gravel.

"1:11:8++ is the best I can get , Fraisers 1:09:++ is out of reach for me" - you both must have been a whole minute faster than me Laughing a case for the stewards to investigate Laughing Mad Laughing

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 24 Feb 2013, 5:29 am

bluesky0870 wrote: "1:11:8++ is the best I can get , Fraiser's 1:09:++ is out of reach for me" - you both must have been a whole minute faster than me Laughing a case for the stewards to investigate Laughing Mad Laughing

After a stewards investigation Flux Capacitors have now been banned! Laughing

To be honest Sim we had 2 Friday test sessions & some other races when we were online at other times so I think you just need a bit of practice? I had no complaints with anything you did?

I called for a restart because I thought someone had said they were in the wall on the first corner? If we want to stop restarts that's fine by me as you still get points for a 16th place.

I'll prob be online Sunday night if anyone fancies some more test sessions!
    fraser54
    fraser54

Post by fraser54 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:50 am

Well done to everyone for another fantastic night of racing. I really enjoyed it.
    I've already done a few practice laps around hockenheim and i think that the subaru feels great:)
    can't wait 'til next week.
    @sim: sorry to hear your backing out of the series. I hope i'll still see you on the track sometimes though.
    @Eighteen o five: i'll try to make it on sunday night but i'll probably want to go of for top gear.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 1:27 am

maybe instead of re-starts , we call a caution , its something they do at 2O4F and it seems to work ok , saves some ones race being completely wrecked .
    Leader normally slows to 60 mph while the pack re-forms behind , then when we get to the start finish straight , leader or host calls 3-2-1 then go , no over taking until after the first bend..................what you think?
    Will try to carry on in series, limited time during the week due to other series , wife tends to moan a bit lol!
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:08 am

Results are up For Hockenheim!

Hope no one minded my friend JwintooX joining in, even though he lost connection!

If anyone knows of any other clean drivers that fancy joining in - the more the merrier!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:39 am

Does he want to join the club too?

Can someone send me the video of 2nd hockenheim race please, I wanna watch the 3way- battle in the hairpin again. Laughing

I hope everyone enjoyed the race without having any issues or complaints. If so, feel free to tell them and we can talk about them.

Sorry for the collisions at the beginning of race 2, I saw fraser zipping around and had to guess where he is.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

bluesky0870 wrote:Does he want to join the club too?

I don't think he has done any forza club online racing before although he races on PC games too. Hopefully he will be back next week & his internet will be sorted!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 2:22 pm