Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
jim1
EighteeN O FivE
6 posters

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:35 am

Gents, anyone object to me adding a support race after the Evo v Impreza's on Friday nights?? I have a B500 Clio RS & this week it would be 11 laps of the Catalunya National Circuit.

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship - Page 2 2d7aovt

The tune is up on my storefront & I'll gift the paint scheme to go with it, just add your number.

Last edited by EighteeN O FivE on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrive & Drive: Stock 2004 - Evo v Impreza Championship

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

When do you wanna race? If you see me online, you can invite me whenever you like.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:52 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:When do you wanna race? If you see me online, you can invite me whenever you like.

Sorry m8, i ment after the Evo v Impreza race on Fridays. I thought switching to a B class, one make, shorter track would be fun after main race.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:22 am

sounds good to me! I took it for a few laps, it handles very nice.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:50 pm

Results are up! Another great night of close racing! Maybe we could run a Clio championship support championship in future? I'll try & get some photos up later too.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

Yes, good races last night! I remembered to save the replays this week, they are on my SF if anyone wants them
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:09 pm

good first race , thought i could catch jim and pass him but just couldnt manage it on the last lap , congrats to jim on race 1 win.
    big mistake..............changed to the Suby for race 2 and it just went all wrong...........apologies to blues and soul , i think i had a tank slapper and caused them to crash behind me , pulled over and slowed up to let them get by me , dont think blue realised i was cruising and rear ended me at full tilt.......... my bad!
    enjoyed the Clio race.............didnt realise it was a support race as i didnt really try ............now i know
    c u next week
    cheers
    Sim
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

just a mention .....
    over at FTR we are going to have a Seat Leon Super Cup series starting Monday 18 March
    This is a Monday night series starting at 8-45 for 14 weeks
    let me know if you want to join in , this is not an inter club series,joining the club forum would be needed but you can race under the TREU tag still
    I know we all enjoyrd the Leon series here , they are a good bunch of guys to race with @ 1FTR
    let me know and i will start a thread with the details
    Sim
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:36 pm

@Sim - I thought you had me when I pitted in, I just managed to hold onto the lead there! Good race that. I was feeling the pressure on those last few laps to not make a mistake. Its a hard track that to get those long bends right and not go wide I think.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:49 am

SimF40 wrote:just a mention .....
    over at FTR we are going to have a Seat Leon Super Cup series starting Monday 18 March
    let me know if you want to join in , this is not an inter club series,joining the club forum would be needed but you can race under the TREU tag still
    I know we all enjoyrd the Leon series here , they are a good bunch of guys to race with @ 1FTR
    Sim

Sorry m8, I work Nights otherwise I'd be there! Have you a link for the FTR site?

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:53 am

SimF40 wrote:just a mention .....
    Sim

I am interested in this, can you give more information please?

Yesterdays night was big fun. In 1st race I made my way from last place after collision with fraser ( sorry for that!!!) through the field and ended as third. Second race was a little bit quirky. first I found myself in the backyard of the track ( No worries Simon, it was a 3way-battle, could had happen vice versa too) and then suddenly Sim stood at a straight. I've realized too late that you were slowing down in the middle of the straight to avoid. But it was fun to chase Spencer and Simon and to overtake Simon in the last corner. ( Was that a gift or really a misbraking action? ?

Last edited by bluesky0870 on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    fraser54
    fraser54

Post by fraser54 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 7:58 am

@bluesky: don't worry about the collision in race 1. I have watched the replays and realised that it was not your fault. I just breaked way too early and there was nowhere for you to go.

Also, thanks to everyone else for some more good racing and i can't wait for friday at mugello full:)

Also, i finally worked out how to add a profile picture.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:10 am

Gents, after some comments last week & a testing session today at Mugello I have given the Impreza a 10 point boost to bring its preformance closer to the the Evo, although I think it still handles different.

The tune is on my storefront now, please if you have time give it a test drive & compare it with your Evo times.

We can then decide if we use this tune in the race on friday.

Thanks.

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:48 am

Jim and I have tested the tunes for twenty laps each...

here's my opinion:

now the tunes are pretty even in lap times. 2.04.3 in the evo, 2.04.4 in the sub. The sub is faster but more rough to handle, the evo has a better cornering.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:00 am

There is definately not a 2 second a lap difference between them anymore. The subaru is probably fractionally quicker, but the evo is tidier to drive, so it probably balances itself out.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:09 am

Dammit! I'm only getting 2:06's so far!

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:31 pm

lol, you should have a little more practice.

Those posted laps were the total highlighted ones of me. In average I drove high 2:04s/low 2:05s.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 16 Mar 2013, 3:55 am

Hey guys, I wont be racing tonight, I've come down with that dam stomach bug, hopefully see you next friday.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:01 am

I'll set up the lobby then. If we are less than 4 racers we will use the time as a test session and hold the official race next week.

If we are 4 or more people this will be an official race day of the series.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:18 am

We decided to use the race as a practice session, so you, Spencer and Sim, have no disadvantage in not taking part this week.
    Was great fun to race, I never thought I could win 2nd heat in the Subaru. fraser had me a lot of tomes but was not able to overtake or threw the lead away.
    I think that's the probe that the cars are even and that it is possible to keep up in the Subaru.

The "After race show" was big fun too, thanks to you Jim and Souly. My Megane seems to be prepared for Laguna for the next F1TR- Megane- Leon- Trophy race. Laughing And that with a 5mins- quick tune. Laughing
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 23 Mar 2013, 10:00 am

Nice bit of racing tonight! I have come up with something else for people to test out - There is a new Evo tune on my storefront A612 tune & the only difference is this car has a gearbox fitted for faster shifting. BUT please do not use this tune if you use the clutch with gears. I have altered the ratios so they have the same speeds as the A600 tune & I have equalised the cars weight.

I feel in a AWD car the clutch is making a noticeable difference compared to say the Leon's & Clio's.

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 23 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:Nice bit of racing tonight! I have come up with something else for people to test out - There is a new Evo tune on my storefront A612 tune & the only difference is this car has a gearbox fitted for faster shifting. BUT please do not use this tune if you use the clutch with gears. I have altered the ratios so they have the same speeds as the A600 tune & I have equalised the cars weight.

I feel in a AWD car the clutch is making a noticeable difference compared to say the Leon's & Clio's.

Just tested the tune and feel much happier with it, I seem to be getting back the half second I consistently keep loosing, I think you will agree after our first championship I should be more competitive and mixing with the pack , I just get swarmed at the start as everyone drives by and I really struggle to keep up. Fighting a loosing battle with drivers on my tail.
    I would like to try it at Infineon if clutch users are happy with that.
    Nice work.
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:18 am

Quick apology to the drivers I heavily shunted this evening, it was a total cock up on my part I thought we where at Infineon this week, I missed the post regarding the test session. I was basically trying to do 2 things at once drive and browse the forum....not a good idea. Hence why I pulled out of the first race.

On to the next, ......stupid boy!!!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

Really enjoyed the races last night, they were very close between fraser, blue and me. Great fun Very Happy

Good idea about the clutch, or we could force the clutch off in the lobby then everyone is equal that way? I don't mind racing with no clutch.

I wondered what happaned to you Soul in the first race. I though you had flipped it again somewhere, lol
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 23 Mar 2013, 6:24 pm

jim1 wrote:we could force the clutch off in the lobby then everyone is equal that way? I don't mind racing with no clutch.

This would be easiest option if everyone is ok with that? If you got time can you see if there is much difference in lap times with no clutch?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:50 pm