Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
jim1
SOULREND KNIGHT
Mr Antt
kirschned
Rudyard77
9 posters

Mini NASCAR Championship - Tuesday 4th Sept @ 9pm UK (10pm CET)

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Mini NASCAR Championship - Tuesday 4th Sept @ 9pm UK (10pm CET) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mini NASCAR Championship - Tuesday 4th Sept @ 9pm UK (10pm CET)

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:46 am

I'll see you Tuesday , nice Smile 200 laps is it .........no.?.............. Light weights... Laughing

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Mini NASCAR Championship - Tuesday 4th Sept @ 9pm UK (10pm CET) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mini NASCAR Championship - Tuesday 4th Sept @ 9pm UK (10pm CET)

Post by Mr Antt Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:I'll see you Tuesday , nice Smile 200 laps is it .........no.?.............. Light weights... Laughing

Isn't there a limit?

But pfft... 200?

*Cough*Daytona 500*Cough*.

Excuse me...

Very Happy
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:24 am

I believe there is a 50 lap race limit built into the game. However, you can run a timed race for up to 4 hours I think. Of course we could scrap the three race idea and just have one much longer race - but I thought it could be more exciting to have a few shorter races. If this turns out to be great fun, I guess a formal NASCAR series could always be arranged if people wanted it.

What do you think - is two pit-stops per 20 min race too much? Perhaps one would be better.

Roll up people! This could be a fun hour of oval racing if we get plenty of entrants!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:38 am

It depends on tyre deg. and fuel consumption. I doubt it'll be severe enough to warrant two stops, but it would be fun anyway Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:47 am

Actually I was intending that we would run cosmetic damage (so tyre/fuel wouldn't be a factor). The pit-stops would be more just to add spice and make it a bit more exciting. Maybe two stops for a 20 min race would be excessive anyway. I'll give it some thought - what do others think? I think cosmetic damage is important for an oval race (or at least no sim damage) as one wall scrape or little bump (leading to aero impairment) could have a devastating effect on your speed and cornering capability - much more so than for other tracks. On high speed tracks with a wall any odd coming-together could easily turn into a nasty crash that could involve others too - so if they can continue with the race without damage, I thought that would be better.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 02 Sep 2012, 4:46 am

Damm, I'm working... Sad
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:18 am

Rudyard77 wrote:Actually I was intending that we would run cosmetic damage (so tyre/fuel wouldn't be a factor). The pit-stops would be more just to add spice and make it a bit more exciting. Maybe two stops for a 20 min race would be excessive anyway. I'll give it some thought - what do others think? I think cosmetic damage is important for an oval race (or at least no sim damage) as one wall scrape or little bump (leading to aero impairment) could have a devastating effect on your speed and cornering capability - much more so than for other tracks. On high speed tracks with a wall any odd coming-together could easily turn into a nasty crash that could involve others too - so if they can continue with the race without damage, I thought that would be better.

Good point, I can't oval race. I'm terrible at it. But it's always fun to give things a go! No doubt I'll total my car multiple times, but it'll be a welcomed change from the career mode and circuit racing in general. Something with a lot of high speed, and I like the sounds of it!

The pit stops will be a fun element, just to mix things up - You're right. Cosmetic damage is certainly for the best, but pit stops are fine by me Smile

I'm looking forward to this if it goes ahead!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:19 am

I'm no oval racer myself usually! Should be a laugh though...

Only five of us so far - need a couple more ideally, otherwise it won't be much fun. I guess we can fill up the rest of the grid with AI cars too - give us plenty of traffic to navigate.

Anyone else fancy a spot of NASCAR on Tuesday evening?
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

me..................i'll be there on Tuesday night Very Happy
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

Super! That's six of us...

Anyone else interested?
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:24 am

Mr Antt wrote:
    SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:I'll see you Tuesday , nice Smile 200 laps is it .........no.?.............. Light weights... Laughing

Isn't there a limit?

But pfft... 200?

*Cough*Daytona 500*Cough*.

Excuse me...

Very Happy

I was going to suggest 500 but I thought you would all think I was kidding . Razz

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce I;m Reeeeeady....I'm Reeeeeeady....(sponge bob style)

Very happy with the three race session, happy to take part.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:05 pm

Put me in please... I am not used to race on ovals but it could become a funny thing.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:28 pm

Fantastic! Seven of us.

Anyone else? Very Happy
    DriftRiderJosh

Post by DriftRiderJosh Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:59 pm

ill give it a go it will be my first race with TREU, hopefully i will get my xbox live working buy then it seems to be a bit dodgy at the moment
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:20 am

Excellent!

Looks like there should be around eight or so of us then. I will fill the rest of the grid with AI so there's more cars on track (traffic). Remember guys, 2 pit-stops per race.

I've put the provisional points scoring system up on the second post of this thread.

Anyone else who fancies a bit of this, feel free to join the lobby when I send round the club invite later.

See you all later this evening.
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:33 am

yeah you guys caught me on my lunch break. I have an Xbox 360 @ my place of work. I wasn't planning on racing w/ you guys, but thanks for letting me get some laps w/ you guys.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

Terribly sorry I missed it this evening.

Had reports to write and I knew if I didn't sit down and crack on they just wouldn't get done.

Hope it was a success though, and here's hoping I make the next one!

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

Sorry for messing up totally the first 2 races, especially a big sorry to you, Richard. I better should have practised with traffic instead of hotlapping only a few laps.

robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

bluesky0870 wrote:Sorry for messing up totally the first 2 races, especially a big sorry to you, Richard. I better should have practised with traffic instead of hotlapping only a few laps.

were you the one that knocked me into the pit area?
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

Chaos, carnage, but a good hour of fun! Thanks guys, to all who participated :-)

I've posted the race results and total scores in the second post of this thread. Overall, Jim placed first, with Josh a close runner-up (who gets extra kudos for making a cheeky third pit-stop on Sunset and still taking the victory!). Jim, just let me know what reward car you want (to 1 million CR value and I'll send it over).

@ Rob. As I tried to convey via the xbox message system, I'm really sorry if my initial message came across as blunt or downright rude. That certainly wasn't my intention - I just wanted to point out that the rest of us were ruinning R3 800 tunes, while you appeared to have a car in stock form, meaning that you would likely have struggled to keep pace. I sent a short message as we were due to start asap, and I didn't want to keep people waiting. Apologies if I caused any offence - certainly none was intended - you would have been more than welcome to run with us using any PI stock car.

@ Ant. No worries mate. There'll be other opportunities I'm sure. Pity you couldn't make it though.

@ Blue. Don't worry about the bumps mate. I'm not sure the bumps you and I had were your fault anyway, I think I was guilty for being too pushy around some of those bends. Ovals are tricky as the slightest nudge can turn into a great big smash so easily. I had great fun, and wasn't bothered about my finishing positions anyhow. I took SimF40 out on Indianpolis in a huge way, so I'm as guilty as anyone for bumping!

@ SimF40. So sorry for that smash on Indy mate. I came round the bend and suddenly there you were. I clobbered you up the rear and you ended up on your roof... Very sorry dude.

Thanks everyone. I really enjoyed the races - a pity there weren't twice as many of us as it could have been terrific fun. Anyhow, maybe we can run similar another time with a bigger lobby and longer races...

Cheers all and see you on Friday for the Seat races! Very Happy

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

I think we all accept crashes were always going to be part of this session Smile water off a ducks back , hey it makes the replays fun to watch Smile I caused my fair share apologies all.
    Crashes where the least of my worries, I had the optic cable drop out of my 360 part way through race 2 leaving me with no sound,AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! affraid WAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!, I had no idea what the engine was doing, a mad scramble to reconnect left me in the pits on restarting oh it can't get any worse, "Right" during the break leading up to the last race I rushed to grab a new cable, quickly hooked it up all the while still wearing my head set just in case the race was going to start, here is the thing, the cable had gone round the wheel and lay behind the gear shift up lever Razz
    So I'm on pole the lights go out and .........Oh! Crap!!!! I try to turn the wheel and it pull on my head "what the .... Is going on I can't up shift," looking down I see the chaos before me, laughing at my own stupidity i desperatley tried to avoid an accident, Oh! if it had only been on camera, my hands have never flailed around so frantic as I tried to free this birds nest with me all tangled up Razz
    I had no idea how I managed to sneak 2nd.

Lap 19 3rd race I caused all that chaos........ Mmmmm ....... Embarassed

Would do it all again, great fun, Thankyou.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:03 am

robdog wrote:
    bluesky0870 wrote:Sorry for messing up totally the first 2 races, especially a big sorry to you, Richard. I better should have practised with traffic instead of hotlapping only a few laps.

were you the one that knocked me into the pit area?

nah, definetly not. I "only" crashed into Richard two times and hit another car at the same time in the second incident, can't remember who has it been.

Richard, I am glad you are not angry. The first time you suddenly were on my side like coming out of the blue. affraid
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:42 pm

what a laugh Very Happy ..............even though my mic decided it wasnt going to play ball all night,so apologies for the lack of chat ! Crying or Very sad
    still chuckling over how many times Rudyard apologised for totalling my car at Indy.....................that was classic !!!

Had 2 fastest laps at 2 tracks so pleased with car performance...................just the numpty driving it or was it the Jeff Gordon replica paint job that seemed to be attracting a lot of interest................mainly trying to scrape it off !! LOL

We will have to do this again some time and hopefully a few more club members will be able to join in !

Cheers
    Sim cheers
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:06 am

Good fun the racing last night, saw some very amusing sights. hahaha

I think I must have had a blessed car or something, because somehow I managed to avoid any major collisions, just a few run ins with walls, AI cars and very sticky grass. Nothing too major.

We'll have to do that again sometime, great fun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:05 am