Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
robdog
Mr Antt
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
Rudyard77
Racerluc
Ben2012X
11 posters

TREU racing series

jim1
    jim1

TREU racing series - Page 3 Empty Re: TREU racing series

Post by jim1 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 7:06 am

Maybe we could have a series in stock tune cars so we don't have to worry about tweaking the tunes every week?
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

jim1 wrote:Maybe we could have a series in stock tune cars so we don't have to worry about tweaking the tunes every week?

That gets my vote, everyone in the same car, it will save a lot of time and its all down to the driving.

Good suggestion Jim. Smile
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 02 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

jim1 wrote:Maybe we could have a series in stock tune cars so we don't have to worry about tweaking the tunes every week?

Nice Idea! I've just tried out the 2004 Evo, but I did add race tires, a roll cage & race weight reduction. This made it about A570 & it was a very nice, stable car to drive.

If anyone comes up with a car they like we could always take them for a few practice races first.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 04 Feb 2013, 4:26 am

Me & Blue had a few races in the Evo today & he said its a easy & fun set up to drive! Done a quick mock up paint scheme too...

TREU racing series - Page 3 2qjk21d

TREU racing series - Page 3 Ao3no

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:55 am

that's right, the Evo you have built is very easy and fun to drive. A good choice for a new club series.

I don't know if you have noticed the lap times!!! Normally we are divided by 2 or 3 tenth maximum. In the Evo I am 1,5 to 4 seconds (at Hockenheim tonight) faster than you each lap. Same car, same tune. Have you watched the starts too? On a long straight start like in Barcelona I took off a second from you.
    That does not mean that I've improved my driving skill suddenly. Laughing
    It is the different way we are shifting. You shift manually with auto clutch and I shift totally manually. That gives me a massive advantage.

To even up the chances for everyone I suggest to throw a race clutch into the car. That should help a lot to reduce the advantage for those who are driving without shifting assists.

I hope you enjoyed the time with the sfxm guys tonight. Usually they are driving in another league than we do. Many of them are top100 or at least top200 drivers. The whole club is ranked on a place around 30 on the leaderboards.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:20 am

Was some good races in the X6, although I didnt think a 4x4 would roll like that when hitting a curb! lol
    Would they be interested in the stock series? I doubt we will get 16 entries!

I never realized about the clutch issue, this explains some things to me now...

Maybe we should force manual with no clutch & no assists?

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:39 am

Laughing Yes, it was very funny to see you and senafoxx rolling over absolutely synchronously in front of me. Was a good laugh. Until I hit the wall in the next corner and flipped the car upside down. Laughing

To be honest I don't like the idea of forcing people to drive in a way they are not used to. Let anyone drive like he wants to.
    You only have to put a race clutch into the car and things are evened out for everybody. Those who shift automatically or half auto will be able to shift as fast as the guys who won't use any shift assist. And the non- assist shifters will loose their advantage.
    that's fair to everyone and nobody has to change his style of driving.

I can ask the guys at sfxm to take part in the upcoming series but they are struggeling too to get more than 5 people together for their own lobbies at the moment.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 05 Feb 2013, 5:08 am

I've tried a manual clutch now & I'm ok going up through the gears but not going down. lol

I'll add a clutch to the tune.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:43 pm