Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
robdog
Mr Antt
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
Rudyard77
Racerluc
Ben2012X
11 posters

TREU racing series

TREU racing series Empty TREU racing series

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:27 am

After gaining some more members I've been thinking about organizing a weekly club's racing series.
    To find out everyaone's favour I would like to hear your opinion about the following:

- The best day/ time for you to participate in (please in GMT to avoid misunderstandings)
    - the class you would like to race ( C to S- class to avoid too much accidents and damage) or maybe a mixed series (another class weekly)
    - shall we all race the same car or should there be a free choice of the car?

Please give me some feedback.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

TREU racing series Empty Re: TREU racing series

Post by Ben2012X Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:30 am

Great idea!

• In school holidays or not at all I'm afraid (for me)
    • Preferably during the week rather than the weekend
    • Closely matched pre-tuned cars, with differences in character rather than performance
    • Would quite like some FIA GT2/3/C racing, but wouldn't mind C to S.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:14 pm

I'm working different shifts so it is hard to say when I can race
    But if I'm home I always race! bounce
    Any class is welcome,I think if you race the higher classes, clean racing will be difficult...
    For me, I have fun racing a F class as well a R2.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:18 am

I don't have set schedules every week, but I'm often free for an hour or two in the evenings. Probably around 8.30pm to 11pm GMT time more often that not. If we have a set day of the week where we arrange to meet for more 'organised' races, then I can try to make myself available. I have a mic-headset, but as my other half is often asleep when I play, I need to keep the noise down! So apologies if I'm not very talkative online in the evenings... Having said that, if you guys see me online playing Forza, I'll be happy to join lobbies whenever for some random fun. Ocasionally I'll be busy racing online with my Father though.

I'm open to racing any vehicle type, from the slowest F class through to R1s, or any sort of stock or themed races.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

I'd be interested, but probably couldn't race every week. Im happy to race anything, but find S to F class more enjoyable than the R classes.

Best times for me are around 8 to 10 GMT any weeknight.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:41 am

I know the Leon Super Cup series has only just started, but I was just wondering - What car & car class is going to be used for the next series?

I fancy something RWD in S class...
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 27 Aug 2012, 6:17 am

We certainly haven't thought that far ahead, but I think as we get into the final two weeks of the current series we'll start the whole discussion process again.

Really, I think we'll stick with the same series format, give or take a few details, but as for cars I'm not sure.

Smile
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:44 pm

Hey I am on the other side of the pond, so please keep that in mind. Most of the time, I am at work when you guyz have events. I guess I could do some a couple of these Hot Lap events we have at times.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:35 pm

After catching a little bit of last nights post race convisation I'd just like to throw in a vote for a S class Lotus Evora Type 124 championship. It seems to be very simular to the Leon Supercup racer as its already a prepared car with not much room for tunning. I think this would keep the racing pretty close.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

Quite apart from the fact that we better should race F to C class to avoid accidents I think we should race with a small range of different cars.
    What about these cars in S- Class: 1995 Porsche GT2, Lotus Evora 124, 200? Ford GT, Lambo Diablo GTR and Maserati MC12? They are all similar fast and NON- LB cars. Maybe a Ferrari too except of the F40 which is a second faster than the other mentioned cars.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sun 23 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

Lotus Evora 124 series would be good , great car to drive , or maybe a Evo vs. Subaru series (A class)?
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sun 23 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:After gaining some more members I've been thinking about organizing a weekly club's racing series.
    To find out everyaone's favour I would like to hear your opinion about the following:

- The best day/ time for you to participate in (please in GMT to avoid misunderstandings)
    - the class you would like to race ( C to S- class to avoid too much accidents and damage) or maybe a mixed series (another class weekly)

Tuesday's and Wednesdays I am usually free to race, any time after 19:00 GMT, I will attend when I can. I will race any class, mixed sounds interesting. I would vote for the same car each meeting just to keep things close but I am happy to go with majority.

Sounds fun.

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:16 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:
    bluesky0870 wrote:After gaining some more members I've been thinking about organizing a weekly club's racing series.

Tuesday's and Wednesdays I am usually free to race, any time after 19:00 GMT, I will attend when I can. I will race any class, mixed sounds interesting. I would vote for the same car each meeting just to keep things close but I am happy to go with majority.

Sounds fun.

The thread was started before we begun to race the SEAT series, so at the moment some are thinking about the next series I guess. Laughing
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:23 am

Just noticed the post date Embarassed

Thanks.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

Anyone had any more ideas about the next race series?

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:54 pm

If you guys let me know which class you want to drive I'll plan and organise the tracks.

After running the races after the weekly races xesterday Laughing I had the idea of a mixed series maybe from C to S class or at maximum R3 with free choice of the cars. So everyone can drive his favourite ones. That also may give the slower drivers a chance to keep up a little bit more.

The only question is if Anthony wants to put the livery on all the cars. That means some work for him. Or if he's willing to send the pattern of the TREU design to everyone and you put it on your cars by yourself.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:40 pm

Little idea;
    T.P.M.R.( Treu's Poor Man Racers)
    -All cars must be max 10000cr (original price ,no auction house)
    -All cars pre '92 (no'92 cars allowed)
    -Max D-class
    -15 min. races
    -short tracks like Sebring club, Hockenheim short, Iberian,...
    -Junkyard livery required Very Happy
    -some cars; '84 rabbit, '81 sirocco, '86 Alfa Spider, '73 Gremlin, '86 alfa GTV, '78 Saab 99, '85 Mazda RX7, '88 Fiero, '84 Celica, '83 Volvo242, Pinto, Datsun 510... ... ...

We did something like that in my former club and everybody loved it!
    Clean racing is a must, speed is not so high so, it will be on simulation mode.

It's just an idea, maybe some races, not a long series of races so no one gets bored Smile

Tell me what you guys think.
    Greetzz Luc

Last edited by Racerluc on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:19 am

I have to admit, I like both ideas. There's no reason we couldn't do both.

Whilst I feel like I decided on the SEAT championship, I'd like to step down from any decision making here. Ideally, I'd like the members to choose the events.

But, whatever is decided on, I think to keep things entertaining we should do alternate weeks. So that I'm clear, I mean one championship one week, another the next, the back to the other one, etc, etc.

Could spice things up, I don't know. You'll have to tell me what you think Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:34 am

Nice ideas guys! I do like the poor mans race idea.

A few other wild suggestions from me:

- Classic/historic racing series. Could be limited to body type, e.g. saloon, and pre 1970 or some such date, perhaps B, C or D class.

- Classic US Muscle (again perhaps pre 1975 or something)

- Or how about a series involving two or three themes. e.g. each 'meet' or 'session' could comprise three individual races on the same track, but in three different classes/car types. For example, each meeting sees us race on a specific track, first in an R3 car, then again in a D car, and then finally in a B class or something... Themes, car types, classes or restrictions are up for debate. Points scored from each race type would all count to one multi-event league table. The first (highest class race) could be on the largest version of the track, with the lower classes then run on the shorter version of the tracks... As a specific suggestion for this, how about:
    R3 - American Le Man Cars - tuned to R3 800 max - however only two of each car type may be used on the grid - we can nominate/request/rotate those cars between us perhaps
    D - Historic classics - tuned to max of D class (350 is it?) - eligible cars must be pre-1975
    A or B - ?????

Having said all that, I'm very happy just to go with what the majority wants. I'm sure it will all be good fun whatever we race. As mentioned earlier in the tread, the Lotus Evora is also a fabulous and fun car to drive...

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 07 Oct 2012, 4:25 am

So we need to start a poll or something? So far we have -

- Lotus Evora Championship / S Class
    - Luc's Pre 92 / D Class / 10000 cr Championship
    - Impreza v Evo championship / A Class
    - Classic 70's / B C or D Class
    - US 70's Muscle car
    - 91 M3 Challenge C class

If anyone else would like to add?

After the voting pick the top 2 & vote again?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:36 am

Historic racing series sounds good.

Rather Goodwood Revival-esq Smile
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:55 pm

I agree, love classics Smile
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 11 Oct 2012, 5:32 am

How do people feel about a classic-type series?

I'm thinking along the lines of E-types, Beetles, Cortinas, etc, etc. There could be some great vintage liveries on the grid, would look loverly Very Happy
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:12 am

Pre 65 B class I recon?
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 11 Oct 2012, 5:41 pm

Ding Dong!

TREU racing series 2cicgvk

TREU racing series Vaza9