Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Racerluc
Ben2012X
6 posters

One Make Series Car Check

Poll

Which Car Do You Have, If You Have Both Which One Would You Rather Race In?

[ 2 ]
    One Make Series Car Check Bar_left67%One Make Series Car Check Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    One Make Series Car Check Bar_left0%One Make Series Car Check Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    One Make Series Car Check Bar_left33%One Make Series Car Check Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

One Make Series Car Check Empty One Make Series Car Check

Post by Ben2012X Sun 05 Aug 2012, 1:05 am

I'm considering a one make race series for the club, and I need to know whose got what!

Suggestions welcome!

Many thanks!
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

One Make Series Car Check Empty Re: One Make Series Car Check

Post by Racerluc Sun 05 Aug 2012, 2:08 am

Mmmm, difficult one... scratch
    I don't have the Porsche pack,and some of the latest DLC packs. Sad
    Lower class cars;- a Pinto cup would be fun.
    - Ford Transit races
    Mid class; - Lotus Elise
    - AC Cobra

The Elite; -Ferrari F40Comp.
    -Corvette C6R
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Sun 05 Aug 2012, 2:43 am

I'm trying to find a one make A/S class car for the series, although I am considering Australian V8 Touring Cars instead, pre tuned and not DLC.
    Probably should have specified!
    Thanks for the ideas though!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 05 Aug 2012, 2:59 am

I'd love to do v8 super cars. Watched it on tv since I was knee high Smile

We could all do our own team paints, or grab stuff off the storefront, either way works.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Sun 05 Aug 2012, 3:06 am

That might be ideal then, they're entertaining bastards!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:01 am

A one-model series could be tricky if you chose a DLC car - not everyone might have it. Having said that, I reckon that the suggested Ford Transit race could be a lot of fun!

Might it be best if we all raced the same car in stock form (or at least with the same tune) to keep a balanced grid.

The supercars could be fun, although personally I find them quite tricky to drive - rather twitchy! However, if that's the consensus then don't let me get in the way... I'm happy to race anything. Re your original question, either the Porsche or the Maclaren would be fine with me.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Sun 05 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Err, sorry for the lack of clarity. The MC GT4 is actually a Maserati.
    I agree that the One Make should be in identical cars, with the same tuning. The beauty of the V8 Supercars is that there are two different makes with many different liveries, allowing for an aesthetically varied field. I agree re: their difficulty, but I think that is part of the appeal. To level the playing field I think drivers should have the simulation handling on, without TCS, STM, or Autobrake.

If not V8 Supercars, what about the Ferrari FXX or MC12 road car?
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:32 pm

Ben2012X wrote:The MC GT4 is actually a Maserati.

Ooooops! Indeed, sorry!

The V8 SCs would be fine with me - don't mind which car. Your reasoning for that makes sense.

Obviously, as the series creator its your call on restricting any assists etc. The only assist that I personally like to use is the braking line. However, I just wonder whether there's a risk of putting some people off if you forced the use of sim steering etc - especially if they've only ever used normal steering. Of course I see your point re the level playing field (true, I suppose such assists could perhaps give an advantage in cars that are harder to drive) - again its your call, and I'll go with the flow...
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sun 05 Aug 2012, 8:12 pm

No TC, that means I'm out, can't drive the higher classes without that and the breaking line Embarassed
    I like the Maserati, but the V8 Supercars would be cool don't mind wich car either...
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Sun 05 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

Usually the only thing I would force off would be Autobrake and Assisted Driving. My only thought was with these cars TCS would become a necessity to be competitive. The whole raison d'être of this club is diversity and choice, without unnecessary regulation however. Sim vs Normal is a tough one, I understand ABS, TCS, and the like but I'm a bit uneasy to think of a competition where people are running cars on different physics models.
    Racing lines are absolutely fine.
    Whenever I'm back on the 'box (I'm visiting my grandparents - ugh...) I'll try and find the most forgiving race cars I can...

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm

Why do you want anyone force to drive he is not used to?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 05 Aug 2012, 11:22 pm

One of the main reasons I set this club up was for people to be able to have fun online with other people with whatever settings or driving style they're comfortable with. Personally, I race with sim steering, tyres, etc. the only assist I use really is TCS, but if it's a car I can handle I turn it off. (more money you see Wink)

I think if we're going to hold a series which I'm perfectly happy to do, entrants need to be able to drive on whichever settings they choose, not out of fairness or equality throughout the field, but to allow said drivers to drive in a manner which they are comfortable.

I hope that makes sense, and doesn't come across as harsh or anything. Please understand I'm not having a go.

If we are to race any of the R classes, the closer to stock horsepower the better in my opinion. It's not like we're joining public lobbies with everyone driving the max the class will allow. For example, if you take the restricters off of the v8 super cars you end up with about 900bhp, which is far too much in my opinion, makes the car impossible to handle.

- Anthony.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

That's true, Ant. To me, one of the key attractions of the club was the idea that the focus is more on having fun in a fair manner (no cheats or wreckers), however wihout being overly serious / ultra competitive.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if others were using additional assists that might make a car easier to drive. It's not the end of the World if I win or lose as long as its a fun race/comp.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

I think I've been told!

The purpose of this series is entertaining racing, rather than astronomical prizes or bragging rights.
    I of course wish a great as choice as possible, so people have fun. It was my mere and humble opinion that people would have more fun in cars that are closely matched, and with some assists removed so whilst it can cater for different styles and skills, there is a bare minimum of challenge and risk associated. The thrill or V8 Supercars IRL is that it is raw racing, with cars that have the potential to go rather sideways.

Whilst the league, if it materialises, will never be a simulation of any one event, and a number of cars are being considered (almost stock NSX?), but it does aim to capture the spirit of V8 Supercars. I am unaware of how much (if any) difference Normal vs Simulation makes, but I'd rather all the cars on the track were running the same suspension model.

I fully agree re: Max PI comment, if it's V8 Supercars, 600-odd bhp is more than enough! The c.300bhp NSX, which is a rather benign car.

I do understand the nature of this club however, and if there are no objections the only assist I will restrict is Autobrake, which in my opinion is a bridge too far...
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:50 am

Please understand I see where you're coming from. However what I'm feeling is that if we begin to limit he number of assists we're going to end up with a very small series that certainly won't take off I the way it could if it catered for all driving styles.

What I'm going to do is set up a poll just to see what percentage of players use which assists, and I think we can go from there. Believe me, I'm happy to race with no assists at all, as I do both on and offline anyway. However, this isn't the case for all members and as the leader of the club, I don't want to get official series up and running with only a handful of members taking part, ideally I'd like it to be open to everyone, and I'm sure you do too, don't get me wrong.

Again, I can't stress enough that we're not having a go, please understand that. I know as well as anybody words written on the screen cn be read in a multitude of ways, but there's no negativity here I assure you.

Keep thinking of vehicles and such, and we'll keep the discussion going. I'm sure all we intend to do is please everyone, I just think to achieve such we need to compromise a little Smile

- Anthony.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:56 am

Mr Antt,

If I'm honest I think we're all reading off the same page here.
    I think the poll will be interesting, but If this is what people want all assists will be available.

Many thanks!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 1:34 am

Can't believe I didn't think of this sooner...

What are people's opinions on the Seat Leon Supercup? If we put it to the top of its current class, or bump it up one it could be absolutely ideal Smile

- Anthony.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:14 am

That's a good idea! Either that or an NSX road car would be ideal, methinks.
    Jo,
    Jo, "Leonardo0503"

Post by Jo, "Leonardo0503" Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:28 am

I'd go for the Seat Leon !!
    So is my father Laughing good car for painting bounce
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:40 am

Jo, "Leonardo0503" wrote:I'd go for the Seat Leon !!
    So is my father Laughing good car for painting bounce

I thought that, it'd allow everyone to get a little creative as well as having close, and exciting racing Smile

There used to be a Seat Cupra Cup here in the UK, but alas it ended in 2008, but it was a great little series.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:00 am

Seat Leon Supercup sounds good to me! (or the NSX, one of my fave cars)
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:30 am

Okay, since we're liking the idea of the Seat, I've done a paint and a tune which I've placed in the club garage. If anyone wants to give it a go they're more than welcome. If we are to use the car painted how it is, I'm more than willing to change the flags and the colours to each individuals preferences Smile

I'll upload a picture later if anyone is interested?

- Anthony.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:39 am

Many thanks! I can get online tonight! I'll give it a blast then...
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:53 am

Here we go, what do you guys think?

One Make Series Car Check 7718780278_14ce926b6b_z

Of course, like I mentioned - The flag, number and colours can be changed to your liking, these are just m personal preference Smile

- Anthony.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Mon 06 Aug 2012, 6:04 am

Like it !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content