Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
SimF40
jim1
Rudyard77
Ben2012X
Mr Antt
9 posters

Opinions On A SEAT Championship?

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Opinions On A SEAT Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions On A SEAT Championship?

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:32 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:I don't mind on the heat/race length, the only thing I am begging for, is a break of five minutes between the heats to calm down, feed the cats, visit the toilet or wharever. But the most inportant point is to get a cigarette. Laughing

Don't worry, we'll have a break. It'd be a crime not to Smile

Beer break I'd call it anyway, although I'm not sure the FIA would allow that Razz
    jim1
    jim1

Opinions On A SEAT Championship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions On A SEAT Championship?

Post by jim1 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 2:20 am

Here's my thoughts:-

I don't mind of the number of heats/laps, but could we try and keep it to a max of 1.5 hours or so including breaks? Just I have to get up 5am for work

As for tuning, Im not sure which is better. Everyone using the same tune, or everyone can tune the car to thier liking up to the A600 limit. Thinking about it, I think its better to be able to tune your own car then everyone has the opportunity to have the car setup how they like it. Everyone will know which circuit is up-coming so will be able to re-setup thier car.

Full damage is fine for me.

Starting grid, I think the idea of the winner of the 1st heat starts last next time is a good one. I think the rolling start idea might put people too far behind though. Starting at the back of the grid would be like 8 seconds behind the leader already.

Another idea is is their an option to have the cars as ghosts until after the 1st corner?

They are just my opinions and I'll race anything that is decided Smile
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 07 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

I think I'm with Jim on tuning, providing we outline specific parts this should keep things even. For those new to tuning, they can either request from somebody here, or use the very helpful guide we have. Personally, I think that's fair Smile

Also, to be honest Jim, I doubt the event will last longer than an hour each week. I think I'm set of the longer race followed by a shorter race of about half the distance. , it'll be about a half hour race, 5-10 minute break then a quick 15 minute race, so it should only be an hour. In theory...

As for collisions, it's either always ghost, ghost on contact or full contact I'm afraid.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:27 am

Hi guys,

As a general question, how do we feel about qualifying, or is that an unnecessary factor? I've been playing around in a private lobby today, and I've got it figured out. It's quite simple, but depends if people can A) Be bothered and B) Actually want qualifying as an element in the series.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:33 am

Well, qualifying can be useful, but it does add time.

Would it be for a reverse grid, to handicap the faster ones?

I think that might work, but I'm not fanatical either way.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:35 am

Ahh, good point about time actually.

Makes more sense to leave it out.

I think if we randomise the first lobby, and then reverse grid the second, that will probably work best.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:38 am

In my eyes there's no need of a qualifying. Grid set up by lobby points should be enough.

the ghost can only be switched on for the total race or totally off. I've had some club races and from my experience I can tell there's no need to be afraid of the first corner as long as everybody tries to race clean and fair.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

when is this going to kick off ? sounds really good so far guys , just need a heads up on the dates
    Cheers
    Sim
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 11 Aug 2012, 9:11 pm

SimF40 wrote:when is this going to kick off ? sounds really good so far guys , just need a heads up on the dates
    Cheers
    Sim

Currently in discussion over rules, and points systems, etc. This time next week everything will be sorted out hopefully ready for the first event the following week.

Keep your eyes peeled, but I'm glad you're interested. I'm rather excited myself, it's going to be great!
    kirschned
    kirschned

Post by kirschned Sat 11 Aug 2012, 11:26 pm

lets go for full damage.
    and the seat sounds good to me also.
    from today on i will be gone untill 27 of august do.
    so i hope i will be able to going
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 12 Aug 2012, 3:49 am

How about a quick Leon hot lap challenge?

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:16 am

Feel free to offer the HLC in the event section. Smile
    granturismoman
    granturismoman

Post by granturismoman Sun 12 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

As long as it's not Tuesday, I'm in. Never actually seen one of these in real life as I'm quite sure they're not available in Canada. Gonna have to practice!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sun 12 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

I like the car choice only driven it a couple of times and thought it was a good car.
    Qualifying would be nice.
    Not big on pit stops.
    Race incidents could be saved on a replay to judge I think we are all like minded, accept accidents happen,( don't mind a little paint rubbing makes things exciting like the BTCC) look to the next race and move on, this is fun after all.
    Points for fastest lap is like a challenge within the race so a big yes to this.

Just my input and thoughts, happy to go along with what ever is popular.

Last edited by SOULREND KNIGHT on Sun 12 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 12 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

Details to come later everyone, just finalising them with the other leaders here.

Should by up by this evening, so stay tuned. I'll post an announcement here, don't worry.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:53 am

Details have been posted, so I'm locking this thread as there's a proper discussion thread to be used now.

- Anthony.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 3:55 pm