Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Mr Antt
jim1
Ben2012X
granturismoman
Rudyard77
9 posters

So, which car view do you use in Forza?

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

So, which car view do you use in Forza? Empty So, which car view do you use in Forza?

Post by Rudyard77 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

Cockpit, Chase, Bonnet/Hood or Bumper?

I use cockpit 99% of the time - unless I'm in some race car with atrocious visibility. Then I switch to hood view.
    granturismoman
    granturismoman

So, which car view do you use in Forza? Empty Re: So, which car view do you use in Forza?

Post by granturismoman Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:25 am

Bumper all the way, but I don't mind cockpit or bonnet Anything but behind the car
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

So, which car view do you use in Forza? Empty Re: So, which car view do you use in Forza?

Post by Ben2012X Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:26 am

Never anything but cockpit to drive. Near Chase if I need to appraise damage, or appreciate my car.

Last edited by Ben2012X on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

Since the late 80's I am used to drive with the chase view and I guess I won't change it nevermore.
    The only disadvantage is the missing rear view mirror in Forza. Especially at the start. So if you race online with me and I block you while starting it is no purpose.

Ok, I drove with automatic shifting too for more than 20 years and in April or May I taught myself to race with manual shifting and clutch and it workds really fine now.

So never say never...
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

I use chase 100% of the time. This is because, like Axel above, I have used this view for 20years of video gaming and its too late to change now.

Although, I do feel I miss out not using the cockpit views. Maybe I'll try some races using that offline, but I don't think Ill can go as quick because it must be harder to see what the car is doing.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:06 pm

^ YMMV but once I had made up my mind to change I started finding it far more natural to control the car, as you "feel" the car's nose much better.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:21 am

Personally I use the interior camera, but also flick to the rear far camera if the interior is impossible to work with. For example, most of the R1 cars with roofs, damn the new regulations I say!

I think for me, it's being able to see how far I'm actually turning the wheel and judging my cornering and what-not from there. I recently purchased a cheap wheel and pedals, just to make the experience a bit more fun and interesting, but I find it near impossible to use the wheel without having the in-game wheel to compare to.

Maybe I'm just weird Rolling Eyes
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:15 am

Bonnet view mostly, the in-car view is sometimes difficult for me when the steering wheel is on the wrong (right) side tongue

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:41 am

Racerluc wrote:Bonnet view mostly, the in-car view is sometimes difficult for me when the steering wheel is on the wrong (right) side tongue

Blasphemy! Right-hand drive is the only way... Wink
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

I think he meant right side Smile

Who would be so silly as to drive on the wrong rather than right side of the road? Razz
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:32 am

A few years ago I would have gone along with the right is right view. However, having lived in a left-hand drive country now for a few years, I have to say I've grown used to it, and actually feel strange when in a drivers seat back in the UK these days! Shocked
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

It always used to be riding on the left. This was due to the majority being right handed, thus easiest for the majority to draw and use a sword, pike, or spear.

Napolean, being an egotistical little upstart, just so happened to be wrong handed Smile

After making much of Europe his empire, he switched European riding convention to the right, enabling him to use his strong hand if he saw fit.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm

OMG! What was I thinking? Top Gear's Jezza is always furious if somebody says that...
    Everyone in a McLaren F1 GTR right now, end of the discussion. Embarassed
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 11 Aug 2012, 5:50 pm

I use the bonnet on screen as using a wheel this feels the most natural to me as I sit very close to the screen, its bucket seat,wheel,bonnet, road just like the real thing Smile, I have tried the in car view but find it off putting having an animated wheel in front of my physical one, just feels odd also I don't use any driving aids and use manual gears 100% of the time.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:44 pm

Started off in cockpit view but now use the hood/bonnet view all the time , seem to be able to corner better using this view.
    Elzomb01
    Elzomb01

Post by Elzomb01 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:48 pm

I use 99% the cockpit view. Cos it looks more real. But sometime it's totally impossible to drive carefully so i use the hood. (for example, peugeot 908 visibility is totally ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:17 am