Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Mr Antt
jim1
Ben2012X
Rudyard77
8 posters

Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc Empty Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc

Post by Rudyard77 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:19 am

I thought it might be useful to have a reference point for what club members had in the way of additional cars for Forza 4, over and above the vanilla starting point. My reasoning is that it might be useful to know when thinking about creating certain event themes etc. For example, if the majority of members have access to the Porsche expansion pack, then I would know that Porsches aren't necessarily off limits when creating a new event/challenge. Of course, if anyone would rather not reveal this info, that's fine too of course!

I think I have access to all the additional cars, namely: VIP, each DLC pack and the Porsche expansion. I'm also likely to purchase any further monthly DLC packs that are released.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc Empty Re: Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc

Post by Ben2012X Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:52 am

I have a variety of the car packs, some whole and some single cars, the Porsche expansion pack and VIP. By no means all though...

Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc Empty Re: Forza VIP, DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack etc

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

I own the PEP, the VIP and all DLC packs except the last 3 DLCs (May, June, July).
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

I have VIP and most of the DLC packs. Just depended which cars were in the packs as to whether I bought them, or some have been at half price so I bought them later.
    I have the Porsche pack also.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:23 am

I have all downloaded content for this game so far.

- Anthony.
    granturismoman
    granturismoman

Post by granturismoman Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:12 am

I have most, but not the Porsche one (the cheapskate in me is waiting til it's cheaper) but that's mostly because I don't like volkswagen...er.. Porsche. Oops, slipped up a bit there. Wink Haha I have a feeling I'm going to hear it for that

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:25 am

hahaha, good one. Bugatti, Lamborghini, Audi, Skoda, Seat and Bentley are Volkswagen too. Also does Ducati belong to them. And truck brands MAN and Scania are part of the VW- trust too.

I guess you have to sort out a lot of cars out of the game. Laughing Razz
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:34 am

Oh Granturismomam... I'm not angry - just disappointed.
    Do not compare the dull but competent products from VW with the real ultimate driving machines...

Porsches!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:40 am

Ben2012X wrote:I'm not angry - just disappointed.

A phrase nobody likes hearing. It just makes you feel even worse Razz

Tell you what though, I've just seen the trailer for the August DLC, I like what's in it... I'm just so sick of giving Microsoft money. MS points aren't bloody cheap!
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:03 am

THE SAUBER C9!!! (screams)

I posted about this several times in various threads! Thanks T10!
    They better get the exhaust note right! I wonder if it's pack only... Probably not - that would be the FR-S...

Should I get this pack?

Lincoln Continental - Novelty due to JFK but, not worth it
    Mustang Boss 302 - Nice to have, quite interesting, probably quite fun...
    DB7 Zagato - Not interested, an ugly DB7 Vantage (the car it should have been), which isn't much of a track car
    Camaro ZL1 - Given my usual taste I am surprised by how much I like this car!
    Genesis Coupe - Sorry, must have dozed off there...
    205 T16 - Nice to have another Group B Classic
    FR-S - Would have preferred the Subaru and given the hype it may be disappointing but it's the car of the moment, and it's got all the right ingredients for a Total Racing One Make Race Series Wink
    TR3B - Not complaining, but it's no XK120...
    GS350 - Hahaha, the corner shop chain must be going well...
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:37 am

I'm very excited about the C9... looking forward to putting that through its paces on Le Mans. Do I smell a Merc-Sauber C9 v Mazda 787b V Porsche 962c Le Mans Old Mulsanne Club Race Event coming along? Wink

Pleased about the Peugeot as well. Pure 1980's goodness Very Happy

The inclusion of the TR3 also gives me hope that we could yet see a Triumph Stag make it into Forza cheers
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

C9!! What a beast, I've been to Spa-Classic 2 years now and it always win the group C races.
    And the noise, the noise !!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:19 am

Im undecided on whether to get the pack or not. The only cars I want really are the Sauber and the Peugeot 205 T16....
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Mon 13 Aug 2012, 5:12 am

I have all DLC except : the August car pack, the VIP pack and the pre order bonus cars.

The August pack just doesn't inspire me, but I will give in eventually.

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:08 am

Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Read that the Porsche Expansion pack is half price at the moment, just 800MSP. That's what, £8?

Gets rid of the Null car and adds a great set of cars to the game Smile

I'll be getting the September DLC later today, so I'm all up to date. Here's hoping it's the last one though. It's too expensive.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 5:35 am

The Porsche pack is available for 800 MSP only till 11th of September

Bad news for you Anthony Laughing , there will be an October DLC. It is announced in an interview with John Schommer of turn10.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 5:41 am

Hmph.

It had better be good then. I've had mixed impressions with all the packs so far. But, it's only ever the racing cars I seem to get them for. I have no interest in the road cars really, but that's just 'cause I'm awkward Razz

If the October pack has some really interesting things in it, I'll grab it. If not, it'll be the free car and I'll leave it at that. It's costing me £12 at a time, because I can't but a 500MS pack, not enough for a Forza car pack, so I have to go for the 1200MS point pack.

I need to save at least £700 before June 2013, and I've only been making £20 a week. That's not even guaranteed either.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

funny, here in Germany you can't get 500 or 1200 MSPs. Here they sell only 800 for 10€ or 2100 pts worth 25€. And if you are crazy, you can buy 4200 pts for 50€.

The last car packs included a lot of roadsters and cabriolets, too much to my palate. And the September DLC includes 3 more. It must be the summer sun that have roasted the brain cells of t10's employees.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 6:22 am

I get mine from gamesbite.com, they e-mail you the code and you just type it in. Used their service 3 or 4 times now, never been scammed as people claim they do. Their prices are cheaper than buying from a store or Microsoft directly. 800 points cost £7.99 and £10.99 for 1200. a 4200 pack is only £33.99, so a little cheaper than £50 since the exchange rate to euros is pretty even.
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:46 am

Mr Antt wrote:I get mine from gamesbite.com, they e-mail you the code and you just type it in. Used their service 3 or 4 times now, never been scammed as people claim they do. Their prices are cheaper than buying from a store or Microsoft directly. 800 points cost £7.99 and £10.99 for 1200. a 4200 pack is only £33.99, so a little cheaper than £50 since the exchange rate to euros is pretty even.

thanks for that tip
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

You're welcome. You can also get XBL memberships from there too. Also cheaper Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:48 pm