Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Classic tune

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Classic tune - Page 2 Empty Re: Classic tune

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

So if I'm having trouble with a loose rear end would I leave the setting at 0° or even go minus on the back?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

Depends on the trouble... Laughing

As you have seen you have solved your problem of massive understeering by lowering the value of the anti roll bar and/or the springs. If the arbs are too hard the car can't turn because the car can't tend itself left or right. A biker leans himself into a corner too. If he would sit stiff on his bike (like too hard arbs), the bike won't turn in as well as when he and his bike is tilted into the corner. By leaning into the corner too much (arbs too soft) he will hit the bottom (like the body will hit the tires)

If the springs are set too hard the car is like a board/plank on the calm sea. It won't turn one inch in any direction. With too soft springs the body will bottom out on the track or at least on the tires.
    In case of massive oversteering it is a good remedy to set up the arbs/springs harder at all to calm down the car.

By changing the toe you won't solve any issue with a loose rear end. The toe only allows the car to go easier (if necessary) around a corner. A long car needs more toe (front more positive/ rear more negative) than a short one, because the rear end starts turning much later than the front end due to the car's length. The toe setting helps to shorten this reaction time and let it go smoother through a corner. I think you can imagine that a long vessel ---------- needs more time to turn than a short yacht --- .

The caster settings work like a tail fin on a boat. It determines the angle of turning. For corners with a high radius you need a higher angle than in softer corners with a lower radius.

To finetune the turning ability you can use the suspension settings. By changing the ratio between front and rear end suspension settings you define the cornering ability slightly. By making the front end more loose/harden the rear end slightly (!!!) you produce more understeering and vice versa the car will overrsteer more.

That's the reason why I tune my cars at mugello. there's a large variety of corners, short and long ones and corners with low and high radiusses (??? is that right, sounds really strange ???). So I have a good basic tune for all tracks and I only have to fine adjust the car for specific tracks.

I hope my explanations with the quality of a 4th class junior school pupil helps you a little bit.

Last edited by bluesky0870 on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:09 am

Had a quick play todat & I think the Cali goes better again now, but not the DB5... New Cali tune has been sync'ed...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 9:56 pm