Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally Empty Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

Welcome to Rudyard’s Grand Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally!

A brief description:

• There are four legs (races) to run, on four pre-determined tracks (each approx distance 37 to 40 miles)
    • There are four groups of cars to choose from (each group will compete in a specific class)
    • Choose one car from each group, upgrade it to the limit of the class, and choose which of the four tracks to race it on.
    • One car from each group/class must be used - one for each of the four tracks
    • You should race in a private lobby with 10 AI cars set on professional difficulty (one of each class R1 to F).

Tracks

Leg 1: Nurburgring Nordschleif - 3 Laps
    Leg 2: Fujimi Kaido - 4 Laps
    Leg 3: Camino De Veijo Extreme - 9 Laps
    Leg 4: Infineon Long - 15 Laps

D Class:
    VW Beetle '63
    Ford De Luxe
    Renault 5 Turbo
    E-Type Jag
    Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR
    Saab 99 Turbo
    Datsun 510
    De Lorean DMC-12

B Class:
    Mustang Boss 429
    Ford Country Squire
    Volvo 850 R
    BMW M5 1988
    Sierra Cosworth RS500
    Aston V8 Vantage 1977
    Audi RS2 Avant
    Lotus Carlton

S Class:
    Cobra 427 S/C
    Morgan Aero SS
    Lamborghini Countach
    Ferrari GTO 1984
    Ford GT40 MkII
    Porsche 959
    Mustang Cobra R (2000)
    Panoz Esperante

R2 Class:
    Gumpert Apollo
    Ultima GTR
    F40 Competizione
    Honda #18 Takata DOME
    Zonda R
    #32 Nissan R390 GT1
    Mercedes C Class Touring Car
    #007 Aston Martin DBR9

Choose one car from each class. You can upgrade/tune to the max level permitted for each class.

You can choose any combination, but each track and class must be run once.

Select 10 AI cars for each race - one for every class (F, E, D, C, B, A, S, R3, R2 & R1). Remember however, your final position in each race is not important - your time is what counts.

Legs can be run in any order. The total time of all four legs combined is the final time.

Once you have completed a race, be sure to save the replay and upload it your storefront.

Race Settings in the 'Game Set-Up' tab of a private lobby are as follows:
    Rules
    :
    Number of AI Cars: 11
    AI Difficulty: Professional
    Damage level: Cosmetic
    Collisions: Default
    Advanced Rules: (Click RB on Controller)
    Grid Ordering: PI
    Ascending: No
    Number of Player Buckets: 2
    Timer: Give yourself plenty of time to finish each race and write down your finishing time!
    Group 1 Options: (Click RB a couple more times)
    Can Start Final Countdown: Yes
    Group 2 Options: (Click RB again)
    Can Start Final Countdown: No

Groups
    As listed in the Rules(above), in the ‘Game Set-Up’ screen of the lobby, in 'Advanced Rules', you can change the number of player buckets to two. Group 1 can just be yourself (or possibly including AI cars that pose no threat of finishing above you in the race). You can put all the AI cars (or at least those that could finish above you in the race) in Group 2. By clicking the controller’s RB button a couple of times you switch to the Group settings tabs. Here you can set it so that only Group 1 can trigger the end of race timer (Yes). Check this is not set for Group 2 (No). Once back on the main lobby page you can then click on each AI car to select which group they will race in.

If you wish to enter this competition, please reply with the car/class combinations you plan to race. You can change your mind as long as you haven’t completed posted a time.

Once you have completed each leg please post your time and also save and upload your replay to your storefront for a quick check. Dirty laps are fine, but please no deliberate corner cutting.

I will update the second post with all results. Please only post your time when you are happy with it, as to keep it orderly no updated times will be permitted.

Prizes
    (for total combined time across the four legs):

1st: Any car to value of 2 million credits
    2nd: Any car to value of 1 million credits
    3rd: Any car to value of 500,000 credits
    4th, 5th & 6th: Any car to value of 250,000 credits

I have access to almost all VIP/DLC cars so you have a free choice of prize.

If I feature in the top six positions, the next placed entrant will qualify for the prize instead.

Remember, times won’t count unless a replay is viewable on your storefront.

Any questions, just shout and hopefully I can help.

Good Luck and have fun!

Provisional Competition End Date: Sun 12th August Extended to 26th August

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally Empty Re: Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:27 am

Entrants and Results List:

1. Rudyard77
    Nurburgring - S Class - Ferrari GTO 1984 - Time: 24:35.354
    Fujimi Kaido - R2 Class - Honda #18 Takata DOME NSX - Time: 32:45.801
    Camino Extreme - B Class - BMW M5 '88 - Time: 28:05.645
    Infineon - D Class - Saab 99 T - Time: 29:31.504
    Total time for all legs: 01:54:58.304. All videos in my storefront.

2. Ben2012X
    Nurburgring - TBC
    Fujimi Kaido - TBC
    Camino Extreme - TBC
    Infineon - TBC

3. bluesky0870
    Nurburgring - R2 Class - Ferrari F40 Competizione - Time: 23:32.472
    Fujimi Kaido - D Class - Datsun 510 - Time: 39:58.349
    Camino Extreme - B Class - Sierra Cosworth RS500 - Time: 28:07.538
    Infineon - S Class - Ferrari GTO 1984 - Time: 26:02:012
    Total time for all legs: 01:57:40.371

4. Jim1
    Nurburgring - R2 Class - #34 Nissan R390 GT1 - Time: 22:50.017
    Fujimi Kaido - D Class - Renault 5 Turbo - Time: 38:50.356
    Camino Extreme - B Class - Sierra Cosworth RS500 - Time: 28:01.755
    Infinion - S Class - Lambo Countach - Time: 24:57.869
    Total time for all legs: 01:54:39.997

5. Mr Antt
    Nurburgring - R2 Class - Zonda R - Time: 22:33.095
    Fujimi Kaido - D Class - Renault 5 Turbo - Time: 39:09.717
    Camino Extreme - B Class - Sierra Cosworth RS500 - Time: 28:40.412
    Infineon - S Class - Ford GT40 Mk II - Time: 25:02.132
    Total time for all legs: 01:55:25.356

6. Racerluc
    Nurburgring - R2 Class - #34 Nissan R390 GT1 - Time: 22.16.65
    Fujimi Kaido - B Class - Sierra Cosworth RS500 - Time: 37.54.182
    Camino Extreme - S Class - Cobra 427 S/C - Time: 26:08.704
    Infineon - D Class - Datsun 510 - Time: 29.30.283
    Total time for all legs: 01:55:49.819

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:34 pm; edited 25 times in total
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally Empty Re: Rudyard’s 155-mile / 250-km Intercontinental Multi-Class Rally

Post by Ben2012X Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

Registering my interest, but cars undecided as of yet...
    Thanks for taking the effort to do this, sounds fun!
    What about making full numbers of AI spread accross classes mandatory, as part of the challenge/fun...
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:49 am

Hey, thats a good idea! Lets have a full field of 10 AI cars (11 if people want). One of each class.

So, F, E, D, C, B, A, S, R3, R2, R1. One of each, that's 10. Obviously some will be far faster and some far slower, but that can be part of the challenge - lapping and being lapped, while some may give you a close race. People can choose which AI cars, or choose randomly, but they have to have one from each class in the race. Lets have the AI set on professional. I'll amend the original post.

Also, I hope the D class event won't be too long-winded - I was trying to get a mix of different classes, and have similar length tracks to ensure that everyone wouldn't just choose the fastest class for the longest distance leg. If people find the propsect of 40 miles in a D class too much, then I guess we could change the class to C or do some other re-jig of the structure - lets see what people think.

Thanks for your interest. I will bump the thread in the main Forza forum to see if we can get some extra club members / participants.

Cheers!

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:14 am

that sounds to be big fun, so please add me to the entrants list. I'll define the cars for which tracks tomorrow, because I'm too tired now.

I don't mind if we run D- Class or C- Class, there's a difference of maybe 3 minutes more or less, so I think it is unimportant. Let it as it is, that's a great idea of a challenge.

Here's my choice:

Nürburgring: R2 Ferrari F40competizione 23:32:472 video in storefront
    Fujimi: D Datsun 510
    Camino: B Sierra Cossie 28:07:538 video in storefront
    Infineon: S Porsche 959

Hopefully the choice is not too bad. Laughing

Last edited by bluesky0870 on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

Thanks Axel, sounds good! Assume you meant the F40 Competizione rather than F50...

Let's hope that we get some new members sign-up and join in - the competition will be a bit of a letdown if there's only four or five of us! I will try to run one or two of my legs this weekend.

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:27 pm

yeah, I meant the F40Competizione- And I want to make a change. Please put in the 959 for the lambo at Infineon. Thank you for that.
    I'll try 1 or 2 tracks too, depends on the program of the Olympic Games.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 28 Jul 2012, 5:59 am

Great idea for a competition Richard,

Should be interesting with the AI all with different classes. I have a feeling my cars will be a wreck after racing 40miles with the AI! Very Happy

Ok, here are my choices:-

Leg 1 - Nurburgring - R2 - #34 Nissan R390 GT1
    Leg 2 - Fujimi Kaido - Class D - Renault 5 Turbo
    Leg 3 - Camino De Veijo - Class B - Cosworth RS500
    Leg 4 - Infinion Raceway - Class S - Labo Countach
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 28 Jul 2012, 8:05 pm

Yes I'm sure that will apply to me also! Thanks for entering the comp! I was messaging with Axel yesterday who pointed out the potential folly of my strategy to use R2 class on Fujimi. I thought I'd do it for fun, to try something different, I said... However, I had a short test run - hmmm, will be bouncing off some walls on that one for sure! Nevermind, I will stick with my choice, do or die Shocked

Bit tired today after staying up late to watch the Olympics opening ceremony, but I will try to get at least one of my legs done today or tomorrow. I'm still hoping we'll get one or two more sign-ups from newcomers to the club or those that have joined but have thus far been silent. I bumped the club post on the forum, but thus far no further responses. Here's hoping!

I suppose one other, possible idea would be to offer this comp in the main forum on the main forza board - on the proviso that any would-be-entrants join the club - however, that might not go down too well with the mods there.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 29 Jul 2012, 2:26 am

I'll certainly give this a go. I'll give a think as to which cars I'll use and I'll post them here Smile (There's a lot of 'I'll' in that sentence...)

I'm also going to re-read the rules about seven times so I make sure i properly understand what I'm doing, ha!

Thanks for offering this competition.

- Anthony.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 3:36 am

Rudyard77 wrote:Yes I'm sure that will apply to me also! Thanks for entering the comp! I was messaging with Axel yesterday who pointed out the potential folly of my strategy to use R2 class on Fujimi. I thought I'd do it for fun, to try something different, I said... However, I had a short test run - hmmm, will be bouncing off some walls on that one for sure! Nevermind, I will stick with my choice, do or die Shocked

Bit tired today after staying up late to watch the Olympics opening ceremony, but I will try to get at least one of my legs done today or tomorrow. I'm still hoping we'll get one or two more sign-ups from newcomers to the club or those that have joined but have thus far been silent. I bumped the club post on the forum, but thus far no further responses. Here's hoping!

I suppose one other, possible idea would be to offer this comp in the main forum on the main forza board - on the proviso that any would-be-entrants join the club - however, that might not go down too well with the mods there.

haha. Yes, I don't think Fujimi in a R2 car will be easy!

I think it is fine to post the competition details on the forza forum in our club thread, and say if you want to enter you have to register on this forum and submit your car choices here. Maybe it will attract a few more entries and active club members.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:09 am

Ok, I’ve just finished what I guess will be my most difficult leg in this comp – R2 on Fujimi. I had a one lap test run in my NSX and then let rip! My time was 32:45.801 over the four laps, with a best lap of 8:09.563.

It was actually great fun once I got into the rhythm of it, and although I was fortunate not to spin, there were plenty of wrestles with the wall – as to be expected I suppose! I was on a hot lap on my third lap, only to screw it up towards the end, so my second lap was the best. I fell to pieces on the last lap – unsure why, guess I was just feeling the pressure not to spin near the end and ruin everything.

Strangely, I hardly saw another car during the run, but then I guess I should have expected that, given the PI grid line-up. My R1 competitor sped off into the distance, and before too long I had left my lower-level R2 competition behind also (perhaps I should have chosen for faster R2 AI car). I caught up to the F and E class cars towards the end of the race.

For those that are interested in watching a little of my run, or to check that I actually did the time, the replay of the race is on my storefront. Smile

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:32 am

Mr Antt wrote:I'm also going to re-read the rules about seven times so I make sure i properly understand what I'm doing, ha!

Thanks for enterring Ant! Yeah, I know the explaination/rules seem long-winded - apologies for that. I think part of the confusing bit is setting up the race with the AI etc. Having just completed my first leg, I realised a few things that may guide others on how best to set up the races.

So the AI should be on professional - 10 or 11 of them. Leave damage on cosmetic and collisions on default or 'on'. Set one of each AI to a different class, i.e., F, E, D, C, and so on up to R1. You can choose any cars for the AI within each class.

I think the best way to set the race is to use two groups. The problem running an R2 or B class car is that you would be waiting ages for the F class AI car to finish if you used no timer, and if you used one, there is a likelihood that the R1 car might trigger it before you got chance to finish. The fast AI cars triggering it when your in the lower classes would also be a problem. I got around this issue as follows:

When in 'Game Set-up' (in private lobby), click RB on your control pad to switch to 'Advanced Options'. Then you can change the number of player buckets to 2. Then you click the RB button again on the controller a couple of times to go to Group 1 options or again to switch to Group 2 options. In those menus there is an option as to whether cars in that group can trigger the final countdown. If you chose to run in group 1, the easy way is to set this option for group 1 to 'yes' it can trigger this, and set 'no' for group 2. Then, any AI cars in the race that you suspect could finish before you, put them in group 2 - or whichever group you indicated could not start the countdown timer. You could run in group 1 by yourself and put all AI drivers in group 2. However, by doing this you won't earn many credits at the end of the race. In my R2 Fujimi race, I set myself and all AI cars from R3 down to F be in group 1 - so that I could earn some more credits at the end (by having beaten them), and then allocated the R1 and R2 cars to group 2 - to ensure that they wouldn't start the countdown by finishing before I did. Clicking 'LB' on the controller a few times to take you back to the first page of options in 'game set-up'. Once you've returned to the main lobby page you can then click on each car individually on the main menu and choose which group they will be in. If you look at the list of cars, it should flash periodically to show their group number. I would also advise putting the timer to 20 or so seconds or more - to ensure you have time to note down your time when you finish the race. Otherwise, you would have to look through your replay to note the time at the end.

Hope all that made sense! Apologies to anyone who was already aware of all this - just trying to help those who may be newcomers to customising private lobby races.

Let me know if there's anything else too confusing in the rules - I found it difficult to outline all the parameters of the competition without going on and on!

Cheers all!

Edit: As Axel mentions in the post below, you can save settings to make it easier to set up the next legs

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:43 am

I had a run at Nürburgring Nordschleife and to figure out the lobby settings is a little bit tricky. But when even I with my 3 brain cells managed it (until now I've set up less than a handful of lobbies), everyone should be able to set it up. Laughing
    In the lobby configuration you can save your settings, so you don't need to repeat the whole procedure, only AI cars must be sorted newly into class and group. The track and your chosen car can be changed too without losing the settings.
    I don't know if I can send the saved settings as a gift like tunes or paintings. If I can, I'll send it to you guys.

Update: Sending a saved lobby is not possible.
    I gave the B- Class a run too, it is fun, but impossible to keep only 1 lap clean. You have to overtake and will be overtaken in every lap. And smart as I am I took the Escort instead of the Sierra and noticed it in the last lap. pale Twisted Evil Laughing
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:43 am

Well, after three attempts, I’ve finished my B Class Camino Extreme leg in the BMW M5. My first run started off ok, although my laps weren’t too hot due to being relatively unfamiliar with the car and track (just had a two lap practice first). I had a decent clean 5th lap. However, having lost a good five-plus seconds on each of the following three laps (a combination of hitting some of those speed bumps on the Ladera section, some awful driving and being badly held up by an E class car I was attempting to lap), I decided to run again.

My second run was even worse. I guess I fell into the habit of trying to hot-lap, meaning I took too many risks, and paid for it by having a spin on lap 5, and then finally rolling it onto its roof on the penultimate lap as I was coming hard down the hill near towards the first hairpin.

Anyway, I realised that hot-lapping perhaps wasn’t the cleverest idea during a semi-endurance event like this (at least for me!) and forced myself to just focus on trying to make clean-ish, tidy laps consistently. I fared much better this time - aside from a nasty moment coming into the Ladera section on lap 7 when I saw the R2 McLaren steaming up behind to lap me. It threw my focus for a second as I entered the quick right-left kink on the long straight and I lost around 5 seconds on the speed bumps. Aside from that though, it was fairly trouble-free.

My final time over the nine laps was a 28:05.645, with a best lap of 3:05.434 (puts me just inside the top 2,000 on the leaderboards). A video is in my storefront.

bluesky0870 wrote:I gave the B- Class a run too, it is fun, but impossible to keep only 1 lap clean. You have to overtake and will be overtaken in every lap.
    I was just wondering how this was the case? On my Camino Extreme run, (B class also) I was fairly free from traffic from lap 2 through to lap 5 I think. I'm wondering whether its due to the way we set the grids up. I took a peek at your Nurburg run - (which looked very fast by the way!), and you were at the front of the grid - so I guess if this was the same for B class Camino Extreme it would mean that the R1 to S cars would be coming through to lap you over the first couple of laps - I would imagine anyway. My races have been set up so that despite the two separate groups (1&2), all cars start the grid in PI order regardless of group (R1 at front, F at back). I don't think it really matters how the grid is arranged over such a distance race, but it meant for me on Camino Extreme that the faster cars all got away from me first, leaving me with a clean track to race on for the first few laps. I didn't really consider this previously, but I guess entrants can choose how we arrange the cars on the grid - doubt there's much difference overall.

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:12 am

I set up the grid as follows: me as group 1 and the rest of the pack as group 2 sorted from F as first to R1 as 10th. So they pass me car by car in the first 3 or 4 laps, the R1 car passes me 3 times and the R2 car two times. I have to pass F to C cars lap by lap too, so there is no lap without any traffic, with luck maybe 1.
    I guess setting up the starting grid in a different way doesn't give an advantage to anyone because earlier or later you will be passed either way.

The nurb run was not very fast - my fastest lap was more or less 1 min 10 secs slower than the top guys run it. But I don't like the ring and I just wanted to have it done.
    The vids always look very quick, even the pinto at positano looks like a blast with his 80 mph top speed. Laughing

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:12 am

Nürburgring: R2 Ferrari F40competizione 23:32:472 video in storefront
    Fujimi: D Datsun 510
    Camino: B Sierra Cossie 28:07:538 video in storefront
    Infineon: S Porsche 959
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

Haha, Blue - You posted at 21:12 which is an album by Rush. One of my favourite bands Smile

Anyway...

Thanks for the tips everyone. Birthday celebrations are done and dusted so I'll try and get my first leg done tomorrow evening and shall post results here afterwards Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

Completed my Infineon D class leg in the Saab. Time 29:31.504 Replay on my storefront.

Had a blast in this race running mid-field - plenty of action lapping and being lapped.

Thought I'd then finish off my four runs with the Porsche 959 S class on Nurburgring. However, after about six runs I've given up for the evening, having made a mess of every attempt somehow or other. Funnily, part of my problem was trying to register a clean lap on my second or third lap each time (foolishly hot-lapping again) - which meant I was taking it a little slower/more cautiously. I didn't think I'd actually registered a clean S class lap on the 'ring in the game up to that point and had one eye on the leaderboard. I'd obviously screw the lap up at some point, and then try to make up time more recklessly, which invetibly ended in tears. After signing off, I checked the leadervboard saw that I already had a clean S class lap - in a different car and significantly faster than the times I've been posting in the 959. What an idiot! Anyway, at least I know that next time I run I don't need to be so cautious, trying to keep it 100% clean. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

Finally finished my S class Nurgburg leg. While the Porsche was fun, I was having trouble setting three straight decent laps. So I switched cars from the 959 to the Ferrari GTO '84. I've just managed a time of 24:35.354. Video in storefront.

Total time over the four legs works out at 01:54:58.304.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:48 am

I ran my first leg last night, Nurburgring in the R2 Nissan R390 - my time was 22:50.017.

I had a clear run except for 1 F class car I lapped.

Next for me is Infinion, then the other 2 courses I haven't raced much so has the potential to go badly wrong Smile

Replay is on my SF.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:42 am

Nice one Jim. That looks like a very quick time. I reckon that Nissan is a great car and heaps of fun to drive.

To the club's most recent new members, please feel free to sign up for this comp if you fancy it. The more the merrier! I can always extend the end date if you might have trouble finding time to complete the four legs. If the rules and lobby set-up seem overly complex, just give me a shout - hopefully I can clarify any confusion.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:57 am

Oh %^*&, I just ran 15 laps of Infinion and forgot to save the replay Crying or Very sad

Oh well, guess I'll call that a practise run.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 04 Aug 2012, 7:10 am

I re-ran the Infinion leg, and got a 24:57.869

Not as quick as my last run partly due to a nasty incident with a barrier and some other pretty poor driving. lol

I remembered to save it this time, its on my SF
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 04 Aug 2012, 9:34 am

Results updated. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:52 pm