Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

What Do You Want Out Of This Club?

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

What Do You Want Out Of This Club? Empty What Do You Want Out Of This Club?

Post by Mr Antt Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

So I've been wondering. What exactly do you hope to gain by being a member of Total Racing?

Please leave a comment below, that way I'll be able to get an understanding on what direction(s) this club can be taken in.

- Anthony.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

What Do You Want Out Of This Club? Empty Re: What Do You Want Out Of This Club?

Post by Ben2012X Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:19 pm

A good cruise and friendly track days, some nice cars in the garage, can't wish for more than that!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

It would be nice to meet a few like-minded easy going chaps who enjoy a friendly, clean race (no intentional wreckers please). I'm certainly not the fastest driver by any stretch, but with luck there may be a few guys who are around my sort of skill level. I certainly don't mind coming last in a race as long as I have fun and will be happy to try a variety of different cars in a lobby.

Hopefully we can have some variety in the races - different classes, race durations and themes, e.g. historics, American muscle, modern hatchbacks, Le Mans GT2, the occasional endurance race, NASCAR... Perhaps we could mix things up and occasionally have the faster drivers in a class lower than the slowest among us.

Or perhaps chase races where there could be a staggered starts for each driver e.g. 15 sec delay for 2 or 3 laps of the ring. If each driver used a different car class with the idea that someone in D class starts, with someone in C class starting a bit later, B class a bit after that etc. Like a staggered handicapped race. Could be fun and different.

Happy just to cruise about of course also. I have a mic of course, although I'm somewhat shy...

I'm a complete novice at tuning, but I'm slowly improving in the paintshop. You can check out some of the designs I've made on my SF. I also enjoy Forza photography.

Hopefully catch you all in a lobby soon. Presumably, Mr Antt, you will at some point suggest a time or two when we can try to get together? Cheers!!

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:21 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys, nice to see people actually making use of this forum. Didn't want to seem too pushy over at Forza, but perhaps that's the way forward? Razz

I've never really done Forza cruising, but I'm definitely up for it if anyone else is. The garage soon increased in size once the club size increased which is great, so there's definitely plenty to choose from.

The idea of this club was for all ages and skill levels to get together and have some fun. There's definitely going to be no intentional ramming here, it's not fair and quite frankly it ruins the online experience. Which as we all know is a massive part of the Forza franchise. Rudyard, I particularly like your suggestions about themed races, that would be great. Staggered starts and GT2 races appeal to me too. I do like driving GT cars, I just bought myself a wheel to race with, nothing fancy, but I had a go with the LMP cars today and, well... Oh dear, I'll need a lot of practice!

I have a mic also, but you'll have to forgive my accent, it's quite a blend of northern, midlands and 'posh' as they say. But It's not posh, it's just called being literate in my opinion Razz

If you're looking to get in to tuning you should check out the tuning guide we have here, it's written by a friend of mine but it's very helpful. I'll be sure to head over to your storefront too, always happy to help out fellow club members.

We'll definitely get a lobby set up some time soon. Perhaps this weekend, because the next time I'm available after that is next weekend, I'm off on a 5 day trip with my college's orchestra.

Thank you once again for the suggestions guys, with everyone helping out we can really move this club forward! Smile

- Anthony.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

I've had a go with my Dad's Thrustmaster wheel (non-force feedback), but found powerful cars terribly difficult to control (well, anything above around B class anyway). I'm a controller user, but of course would love to get a Fanatec. I used to have the old Microsoft FFB wheel for FM3 which was good fun, but unfortunately it broke ages ago. No worries about the accent - mine's all over the places as well. Actually I lived in Notts for three years while at uni in the late 90s. Had a great time living there.

Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

My accent will most likely be hilarious, but I know no-one here is silly enough to judge upon peoples' accents, as long as they are audible!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:16 am

Nottingham has a gorgeous campus, would you agree? I'm looking to go study at Lincoln however, they have a course which really interests me.

I too would love a Fanatec, with the whole seat set-up too. But that's a lot of money, the likes of which I wont be seeing for a while yet Razz

Accents are great, they're usually a good ice-breaker I find Smile
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:21 am

I don't know if you're talking to me but I've never been to Nottingham Uni.
    What's the course at Lincoln if I may be so nosey? I'm starting to consider a wheel, but I've always done well with a controller, it now feels natural so I'm reluctant to change what works.

How much is a Fanatec set-up?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:25 am

I'm looking at Audio Production (BA). But the Notts question wasn't aimed at you Razz

It depends with Fanatec. They have so many wheels to choose from. You can check out the store here:

clicky!

If I'm not mistaken, the best wheel they've got and a cockpit will set you back about £1600-2000 (Depending on accessories). I could buy an actual car for that... Razz
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:28 am

Actually I have no idea about the campus (assume you meant Notts Uni) - I studied in the city centre at Trent! I'm in the chat room for a bit if you want
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:31 am

Mr Antt wrote:I'm looking at Audio Production (BA). But the Notts question wasn't aimed at you Razz

It depends with Fanatec. They have so many wheels to choose from. You can check out the store here:

If I'm not mistaken, the best wheel they've got and a cockpit will set you back about £1600-2000 (Depending on accessories). I could buy an actual car for that... Razz

£300-450 roughly for a GT2 wheel, stand, and pedals

They do make some lovely equipment, but it's not cheap!

Maybe when it's my own money! Laughing
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:34 am

Haha, I know what you mean. I don't have the space or the money, which is upsetting, but perhaps one day. The cockpit alone, without monitor mounts is £1200. Then add £250 for the mounts, then add £600 for the CSR Elite, and that's a huge chunk of money just to play a game Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 12:04 pm