Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read!

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read! Empty For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read!

Post by Mr Antt Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:09 am

Hi everyone,

So I noticed that in our open lobbies we sometimes suffer from a little lag, however some members are finding it difficult to connect full stop. Of course, this will have an effect on our racing series, but also online gaming in general. I've come across a handy guide that should enable us all to have a better online experience. So, nothing here was written by me, all credits to the original author.

Click Here

If this guide fails to provide any help, or change then you should try simply restarting your router.

Thanks,

- Anthony.

Last edited by Mr Antt on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read! Empty Re: For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read!

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 6:38 am

I've read the guide and I highly recommend NOT to open the NAT fully. It is like to open the door of your house constantly.
    The far better way in the case of issues is to open only the port 3074 (TCP and UDP).
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read! Empty Re: For All Those With Connection Issues, Please Read!

Post by Mr Antt Tue 14 Aug 2012, 7:50 am

Personally, with an open NAT I've never had any problems like what you're describing Blue. Surely as long as everything is password protected, you've nothing to worry about. Besides, I very much doubt somebody on the other side of the world will be able to cause any damage here through their Xbox.

I could be wrong, it's likely I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, or perhaps everything is different here in the UK.

Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:01 am

If you only have an xbox in your network it is fine.
    But by opening the NAT you turn off the routers firewall and allow to attack the PC or laptop behind the router.
    It has nothing to do with WLAN or passwords, it is just shutting down the hardware (router) firewall which is much more efficient than every personal firewall like Zonealarm or the windows integrated one.

In the UK a lot of things are different Laughing , but PC networks should function in the same way all over the world.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:21 am

I make sure my PC is well protected, rather paranoid about it to be honest Razz

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:34 am

To be honest, I don't care about an open NAT too. Neither on my PC are top secret documents nor on my laptop. The only treasure are nearly 200.000 mp3s, but they are on external harddrives.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content