Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Does more HP helps a ride???

robdog
    robdog

Does more HP helps a ride??? Empty Does more HP helps a ride???

Post by robdog Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:42 pm

Just curious to discuss this topic. I am trying to complete this race on the event list. It calls for a 05 Lotus Elise 111S Spec race w/ a B500 rating. I had the B500 rating, but I was noticing that I could produce the time to win the event. I sacrificed the HP for Handling. It appears that I am getting better lap times now. So please lets discuss this topic. More or less HP.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Does more HP helps a ride??? Empty Re: Does more HP helps a ride???

Post by Mr Antt Tue 18 Sep 2012, 6:09 pm

I don't think it's a case of more or less, more getting the balance between the two.

More HP will of course give you a straight line advantage, but if you're missing key handling elements, it's not worth it since you'll lose out in the corners. Take a look through the tuning guide we have here, it explains every well what the best way to set up your car is, both upgrading and tuning wise Smile

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Especially the Elise is superior on the leaderboards because of its handling and reduced weight and not because of its stunning hp.
    If you'll watch some videos of the guys who are using the Elise and turn telemetry on you'll notice that the car mostly has "only" around 150 hp.
    On the straights you will be beaten easily by every other car but you regain the lost time twicely and thircely because the Elise sticks on the road like glue (when it is tuned well!!).
    As far as I remember it has a letheral G of more than 1.2 with all handling parts, only the Lancia 037 can nearly keep up with it in B- class.

but all depends on the track. The more straights or the longer they are you'll loose your advantage of the far better handling. So you'll never see an Elise in high positions on tracks like Le Mans or the Nordschleife.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 1:56 am

Short to medium tracks, you are usually much better off going for handling upgrades first, especially race tyres, race suspension, brakes, weight reduction. Any PI spare you can then add HP.

Longer tracks you will need more HP, but you will ideally need race brakes, weight reduction, race transmition and aero also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 3:42 pm