Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

F1: 2012

EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

F1: 2012                                                                                Empty F1: 2012

Post by EighteeN O FivE Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

First off a F1 2012 demo will be up on Xbox LIVE later, no set time as usual...

Also the first F1 2012 review is now out in the wilds courtesy of the latest issue of GamesMaster.

In its review the mag issues the Codies racer a solid 88% score and says it is "more of a strategy game than a racer" but still offers "wheel-to-wheel action".

"The Champion Mode challenges and arcade-y Season Challenge (ten five-lap rounds against a rival of your choosing) offer instant-thrill action, but the Career is mode is long and uncompromisingly tough," says the review.

It goes on to say that "mastering F1 2012 takes time" since "parts must be tested and earned, practice and qualifying sessions must be completed, goals met and, of course, races trounced" before describing it as the "punishing Dark Souls of the racing world."
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

F1: 2012                                                                                Empty Re: F1: 2012

Post by Mr Antt Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:13 am

I really enjoyed 2011, one of my favourite games this year. Hoping 2012 will be better, and with the improvements they've made it should be. Demo is downloading now, but I'm not expecting much.

Won't be buying upon release though, I'll wait until the new year when it's half the price, just like I will with Horizon and did do with F1 2011 Smile
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

F1: 2012                                                                                Empty Re: F1: 2012

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:23 am

Codemasters never put any steering sensitivity options in any of their games? I think F1 suffers as it feels like you have only 1mm of play on the steering at high speeds & can never take a smooth line around a corner. Ill prob give this one a miss.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:17 am

I believe you get the option with steering wheel. Or at least in 2011 I know you do.

I just got off the demo, and I must say it does look, sound and feel better. Quite over sensitive with the controller I'll agree, but all in all, much better than 2011 so far. Or at least it seems it.

I'll still wait until after Christmas though.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:02 am

Just got 2012, feels rather strange compared to 2011 but I've just about adjusted now.

Tell you what though, I tried the professional AI and managed to qualify on pole and win easily, bumped it up to legend and I can barely make it into the top 10. There's a huge difference between the two.

And for the love of god, anyone else here who buys this game - Just stay off the rumble strips. You will spin, and rage quit.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 6:25 pm