Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Forza Horizon

Forza Horizon - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Horizon

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

Mr Antt wrote:
    Blue, I see what you mean about the damage. It's a shame it can't be more realistic, but as with every Forza, manufacturers aren't going to let them smash up their cars for the sake of a game Razz

I am not talking about the damage. There is no damage, only cosmetical like in Forza (no option to choose sim damage or limited sim damage). i am talking about the fact that it is just unreal that you can kick back busses and that a frontal crash with normal cars doesn't let you stop immediatly or just slows you down massively.

A friend of mine, who has pre-ordered the game, yesterday played the demo on my console 3!!! times and he is keen about it and can't await the full version. He is happy that there will be no tuning options (only upgrades) and that the cars are easy to drive like on rails. For him the landscape and the open world is more important than a logical driving physics.

So different can be the opinions and the demands on a "racing game"

By the way, has someone found a place to go offroad with his car? Not on gravel roads, simply far wide off the track? We have found NO place where it would be possible.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:26 pm

bluesky0870 wrote:
    By the way, has someone found a place to go offroad with his car? Not on gravel roads, simply far wide off the track? We have found NO place where it would be possible.

I didn't find anywhere. Maybe its just because its the demo version?

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:46 am

Ahh, I see your point Blue, yes highly unrealistic.

I had a go with the demo last night, I played for 10 minutes and switched off. I'm not unimpressed, it looks great and I thoroughly like the whole concept of the game. But it just feels so unresponsive when driving. Both on tarmac and off-road. If there's more than 50 surface types (I think that's what I read), then I hope they sort that out before I even contemplate buying the game.

It's fair to say, nobody was expecting this game to be a sim. It doesn't feel like a full arcade game to me either, but it just feels naff. The Forza physics aren't quite there, it doesn't feel how they described it.

Discussing with my brother, we both agreed it felt like Need For Speed, PGR and a little bit of Forza all thrown together. The off-road isn't any where near as good as I expected, I could hardly feel the controller vibrate, if it actually did at all.

I'll give it a pass unless it's dirt cheap, which is a shame because I thought it'd be much better.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 13 Oct 2012, 2:36 am

jim1 wrote:
    bluesky0870 wrote:

I didn't find anywhere. Maybe its just because its the demo version?

I think the off road section is in the mountains at the bottom right on the map?

First review I've read is up on IGN, they gave it 9 out of 10 - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/12/forza-horizon-review#.UHg0CsklNUk.facebook

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:16 am

the offroad feature is content of the expansion pack that will be released at 18th of December and will cost 1600 MSPs!!! Until then you can't go offroad and have to stay on the roads. Together with this the rest of the promised 65 subsurfaces will be delivered.
    I call it the biggest rip off I've ever heard off.
    The 200 announced cars will only be reached if you buy all dlc's and win all unicorns. With the DVD you'll get only 127 cars.

And me idiot have pre ordered the game last week... I could bite my own ass for that. But I am not the only idiot. At amazon Germany the limited collector's edition of the game is sold out
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

Had another 30 mins or so on this toady & I dont think its my cup of tea, prob be in the trade in pile very soon...

BTW - i think its worth 13.50 at game for a trade in...
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:38 pm

I have played it for a couple of hours, there are more things that annoy me about it than things I like.

Most of the cars I want to buy are DLC - Im not paying for more cars

Some of the races I find it hard to see where the track goes. Mostly the night time - evening ones. Maybe thats just me. Its like you can't see far enough in the distance.

The races are just luck usually and require little skill. You can smash into other cars and fences and are not really punished

Some of the AI cars don't race fair. Like I was in a B event against someone, and they could burn my 4WD impreza off the line in a pick-up truck that also handled better than my car.....I guess its just an arcade game

Overall, its pretty average, but then again the single player on forza 4 is not great either as the AI is poor. I don't hate is, so I'll keep playing until I complete it or get bored of it.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:42 am

If you play 2 hours daily, you'll have finished the game in max. a week. If you try to find all upgrade road signs you maybe play 9 days.

you are right, the night races are designed a little bit unluckily. But I think it is because there are no specific tracks you can learn like Suzuka or Le Mans etc. That makes it even harder, you have to concentrate on the track, the night and the unfair AI simultaneous. But the unfair AI is one point of developer's concept. They did not want a clean game, The smashes, bumps and hits are part of the game, what in my eyes animates people to race more rude in the online lobbies too. the lobbies had always been a chaotic mess when I joined them.

As said months ago I've sold my game after completing the single player mode and until now I have not missed it any single moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:32 pm