Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

So here's something you might be interested in...

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

So here's something you might be interested in... Empty So here's something you might be interested in...

Post by Mr Antt Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:21 am

Hi everyone!

So, I remember ages ago having a discussion with some fellow members about how much it'd cost to buy a full Fanatec cockpit setup, not to mention the space it would take up. I have neither the money nor the space. So, I did some research and came across a little guide to building a cockpit-type structure that can be folded up and put away when not needed.

Now, mine isn't quite done. I need to make a pedal mount, and get a better steering wheel/pedal set and also give it a coat of paint to tidy it up a little. I'm surprised at how sturdy it actually is, only rocks a tiny bit, but some more supports and what-not would easily sort that out. But, it's not really enough to bother me.

So here's something you might be interested in... 7824813272_a7835dbd38_z So here's something you might be interested in... 7824815640_5ce0aeb371_z

The chair I got as a present years ago, but they can be had for about £50. The wheel only cost me £15, all the wood and bolts cost be around £10. So that's £75 spent. Add 2 hours build time and about another 2-3 making adjustments, plus a rather sore back, and I'd call that a decent days work. Of course, you don't have to use a chair like mine, a dining chair would do, or even your sofa. Make it to suit your own specifications is what the guide says.

If you're interested, here's the link to the guide: http://buildawheelstand.blogspot.co.uk/p/build-wheel-stand.html

Please excuse the state of our living room, I'm about to go tidy it now Smile

- Anthony.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

So here's something you might be interested in... Empty Re: So here's something you might be interested in...

Post by Racerluc Tue 21 Aug 2012, 7:13 pm

Looks solid! I've been a drummer for more than 20 years, and a few years ago I sold all my stuff and bought myself a playseat and a steering wheel.
    It's totally different than racing with the normal controller but so much more fun!!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

So here's something you might be interested in... Empty Re: So here's something you might be interested in...

Post by Mr Antt Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:09 am

I'd love to have a palyseat. But I don't have the money or the space Sad

when I move out next year, with some leftover funds I may treat myself, but we'll see Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:29 am