Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

AWD vs RWD

Poll

AWD vs RWD

[ 0 ]
    AWD vs RWD Bar_left0%AWD vs RWD Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    AWD vs RWD Bar_left100%AWD vs RWD Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Poll closed
    robdog
    robdog

AWD vs RWD Empty AWD vs RWD

Post by robdog Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:58 am

sorry to be such a newbie...I love to try to drift. Not that I am any good at it, but I find in FM4 it can help you in the not so tight corners. I been told the AWD cars are the best, but I wonder if I should go RWD on my 05' Lamborghini Gallardo. I am liking the handling of the one I have now, but I wanted to hear some pros & cons for the two types.

AWD vs RWD Empty Re: AWD vs RWD

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

Do you need a drift car or a circuit car that drifts in some corners?

AWD cars are unfortunately not competitive on circuits ( they were better than RWD- cars in FM3 but T10 has modified the PI system) because of the massive increase of weight and PI by swapping the drive train. They are nearly always 1 to 2 secs slower than RWD- cars.

Maybe it depends on the driving style but I think it is much harder to get the car sliding with AWD, so in drifting mode I prefer RWD too. But I am not a gauge for successful drifting. Laughing
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:44 am

I don't know much about drifting, but I think RWD is the easiest to drift for sure.

If it's to drift during circuit racing, you will be losing speed during corners by drifting as it will have a braking affect on the car.

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:09 am

As it's been said, if you're drifting as a standalone task, then go rear wheel drive. RWD + Good Setup = Drifting. Or so I'm told.

I'm no expert, but every time I've tried drifting I've gone RWD, purely because that's what I've been told. But if the car is set up correctly it's easier to control. If you have AWD, all you're doing is powersliding, but you'll have all the extra weight and the AWD system will only try to straighten your car up the whole time you're sliding.

Hope that makes sense. If you want drifting advice and what-not, you're best off looking over the the Forza Drift Lounge, there's a lot of useful stuff in there Smile
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the great advice. I have been able to get drift points in FWD, AWD & RWD. As posted here, RWD is the easiest, but not the only way to get drift points. I found a nice article here about drifting in Forza Motorsport 4.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Apr 2024, 4:47 am