Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rudyard77
EighteeN O FivE
Mr Antt
7 posters

TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring?

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring? Empty TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring?

Post by Mr Antt Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:15 am

First off, I'd like to say this isn't an official event. If we go ahead with this, there's the possibility it could become something official, but for now I'm aiming it at you guys as a one off just for a little fun.

The Idea:

When I get the chance I tune into the WEC (World Endurance Championship), races such as Sebring 12H, Le Mans 24H, etc. I really enjoy it, and it makes me want to replicate it in game. But there's one problem. Forza Motorsport 4 totally lacks endurance races in the career mode. They got rid of them, and I can't for the life of me think why. In the past two games, they were the only events I felt were worth doing! So why not start one online instead? You see, this can't be done publicly. It's not a public lobby you can just open up, wait for some randomers to join and be going within five minutes. People will either quit after 20 minutes, wreck at the first turn and quit, wreck someone else, causing them to quit. Plus, the whole friendly atmosphere we're finally developing here would be none existent. If this is done internally, there can be rules, structure, and everything should work correctly.

The Event:

Since we're limited to 50 laps for a race, we'll do this by timer, and the timer will be set to 2 hours and 15 minutes. We'll have four classes, Prototype 1, Prototype 2, GT and finally GTC. The cars will be mainly stock, as this keeps everything relatively even and fair, and really brings strategy into play. Each of the four classes will be scored separately, but bonus points could be awarded for things such as fastest lap, finishing ahead of cars in the next class, most laps in the lead, etc. Since I'm currently planning this as a one-off event, points wont be such an important factor, but just think - 2+ hours of racing in R3 or R1 class cars, that's a lot of laps, a lot of in-game experience and money to be earned. Prize wise, unless we agree on something it probably wont be anything special. Most likely just a car to the value of 'X' credits.

Pit stops will be key as you'll actually need to refuel and get new tires. 30 minutes of racing isn't enough to cause much damage to either of those, but two whole hours is plenty. Plus, your driving style and setup can be important factors here too. If you push on every lap in the 2 hours, you'll destroy your tyres and burn fuel like there's no tomorrow. However, driving conservatively and carefully may equate to less stops and higher places, who knows?

The Cars:

This is the best part, as there are plenty to choose from! With four different classes and 46 cars in total. Of course we're limited to only 16 on the track but that's at least 4 in each class. There could be 3 in one and 5 in another, depends how many people take part and their preference.

Prototype 1:

'09 Acura ARX-02a
    '09 Aston Martin Lola
    '11 Aston Martin Lola
    '11 Aston Martin AMR One
    '06 Audi R8
    '08 Audi R10 TDI
    '09 Audi R15 TDI
    '11 Audi R10 TDI
    '11 Audi R15++ TDI
    '11 Audi R18 TDI
    '03 Bentley Speed 8
    '02 Cadillac LMP-02
    '03 Panoz LMP-01
    '09 Peugot 908
    '11 Peugot 908

Prototype 2:

'08 Acura ARX-01b
    '10 Chevrolet FLM09
    '11 Honda Lola
    '09 Mazda B09/86
    '10 Mazda B09/86
    '08 Porsche RS Spyder EVO

GT

'01 BMW M3 GTR
    '05 BMW M3 GTR
    '09 BMW M3 GT2
    '10 BMW M3 GT2
    '11 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
    '06 Ferrari F430GT
    '08 Ferrari F430GT
    '10 Ferrari F430GT
    '11 Ferrari F458 Italia
    '09 Ford GT MK7
    '10 Jaguar RSR XKR GT
    '11 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
    '05 Panoz Esperante GTLM
    '11 Panoz Abruzzi
    '05 Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
    '07 Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
    '11 Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
    '13 Viper SRT GTS-R

GTC

'11 Aston Martin V12 Zagato *750PI Max*
    '09 Audi R8 LMS
    '10 BMW Z4 GT3
    '08 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
    '09 Lotus Evora T124 - *750PI Max*
    '11 McLaren GT MP4-12C GT3
    '11 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
    '05 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    '08 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    '11 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

That's a long list, but there's plenty to choose from. And of course, you have free choice on paint, numbers, etc. etc.

Rules:

*Note* - There will be more added to this list.

All cars should have stock horsepower, regardless of their class. application of handling, tyre and rim upgrades are acceptable however.

At least one pit stop must be made, as and when is your choice however, (More fool you for pitting too soon or too late though).

Follow track etiquette, there was an announcement about this.

Be friendly, race clean, race fair, have fun!

Extra Information:

Not sure if there's anything to add in here, but just in case - There's a section for it.

---------------------------------------------------

As stated, this is just a proposal. A very basic idea if you will. Just thought it'd be a welcomed change from the career mode, a break in the SEAT series later on if need be (No idea on date or time yet). And, I'm really into endurance races. The main reason I had the idea really, just really fancied doing one. And rather than having no competition at all racing the AI in a private online lobby, I thought I'd race with the club members instead. I also thought if you guys had any friends who just fancied taking part in an endurance race, that would be something to consider, it'd be mainly to get the lobby number up, more cars on track, more competition, etc.

If you've got any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, or criticisms, etc. Just let me know.

Have a read, and leave a reply if you like Smile

Thanks guys,

- Anthony.

Last edited by Mr Antt on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring? Empty Re: TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring?

Post by Mr Antt Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:16 am

Reserved.

You never know Wink
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring? Empty Re: TREU's 2 Hours, 40 Minutes of Sebring?

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:03 am

I like the sound of this... GT class for me!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:15 am

Colour me interested Wink

I do like the odd endurance race! You could always pad out the grid with AI racers to bring it up to 16 cars in total.

However, to make tyres and fuel a factor, that would need sim or limited damage. Could we race for two hours with sim damage? It would be highly annoying to sustain aero damage in the first 20 mins... I guess people should drive cautiously in that respect (marathon and not a sprint and all that). Perhaps limited damage might be an option.

I'll look forward to hearing more about this idea. If I can't make this planned race, I'll definately be up for other enduro races in the future...

Last edited by Rudyard77 on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

I should also add that there would be a rolling start, single file until the back straight where we'd go into two lines, then after the bridge at the final turn sprint to the start and the race begins, I guess you'll know how it'll work.

Also, some of the cars listed are DLC, however I'm pretty sure if you have the free car from the pack, all cars show up. So no ugly black Bora. However I don't know if the Porsche pack has a free car, I'll have to look.

Glad there's some interest though, it's always nice to have some variety in events Smile
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:39 pm

i'm up for this , def GT class and a F430
    maybe a good idea to do a few practice rolling starts before the race ?!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:46 am

GTC and I'm in, this is how i used to do it back in the day, remember Geoff Crammond , F1 races in real time, 2 hours + per race. Nice!

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:03 am

Ahh, a fellow GTC driver eh?

Car choice, if I may ask?

Looks like we've got 4 people interested now, I'd love at least 10 though Smile
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:35 am

Mr Antt wrote:Ahh, a fellow GTC driver eh?

Car choice, if I may ask?

Looks like we've got 4 people interested now, I'd love at least 10 though Smile

It will be a Porsche, but I will have to do a test drive to decide which one, ill let you know. Very Happy

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:39 am

Could be interesting since I'm currently tuning/painting the '11 GT3 Cup...

Very Happy
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:23 am

I shall update the car list with the new Viper race car if it shows up with the lobby settings I've saved, if not - I'll take the restrictions off just in case anybody wants to run with it.

Thinking of adding a couple more options to the GTC class, there are some S class cars that could also be R3 cars with the correct parts/tune, etc. The Lotus Evora T124 & The Aston Martin V12 Zagato for example.

Couple more things, I've upped the time to 2.4 hours, 10% of a 24 hour race.

And, I'd also like to forward the idea of a 2.4 hour race around the Green Hell. Whilst perhaps not to everyone's liking, it is a great track and I thought it'd be cool to have our own endurance race there. Just an idea though Smile

Cheers for the interest so far. Remember, if you've any ideas or suggestions - let me know!

- Anthony.
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:34 am

Mr Antt wrote:And, I'd also like to forward the idea of a 2.4 hour race around the Green Hell. Whilst perhaps not to everyone's liking, it is a great track and I thought it'd be cool to have our own endurance race there. Just an idea though Smile

Cheers for the interest so far. Remember, if you've any ideas or suggestions - let me know!

- Anthony.

What about 5 laps of Green Hell??? I can't do 2.4 hours, thats insane Wink
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

robdog wrote:
    Mr Antt wrote:And, I'd also like to forward the idea of a 2.4 hour race around the Green Hell. Whilst perhaps not to everyone's liking, it is a great track and I thought it'd be cool to have our own endurance race there. Just an idea though Smile

- Anthony.

What about 5 laps of Green Hell??? I can't do 2.4 hours, thats insane Wink

I'll be happy to do five laps.... and I'll also be happy to do 2.4 hours Razz . Well, with plenty of notice and planning I hope anyhow!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:48 pm

robdog wrote:What about 5 laps of Green Hell??? I can't do 2.4 hours, thats insane Wink

What if I am insane? Shocked

I see your point though. I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's liking Razz

Rudyard77 wrote:I'll be happy to do five laps.... and I'll also be happy to do 2.4 hours Razz . Well, with plenty of notice and planning I hope anyhow!

There would be plenty of notice don't you worry Smile

Just so you know, I've added the '09 Lotus Evora T124, and the '11 Aston Martin V12 Zagato to the GTC class, as well as the '13 Viper SRT GTS-R to the GT class.

Smile
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:18 am

I hope I can join you, really like Endurance Racing;
    Jo or myself (depends on if I have to work) will drive a Mazda B09/86...
    Not so sure 'bout that choice yet , we're still fighting What a Face I wanted to race with a GT.
    robdog
    robdog

Post by robdog Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:23 am

I tried a calculation of how many laps of Nürburgring would take 2.4 hours. I believe 18 laps would be right there. You can add or take a few, but that is about it. Hell I struggle to keep a lap under 10 minutes. I haven't found the ride/perfect tune yet.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:42 am

Can we race with the Ferrari 333SP ? It won at Sebring in the '90s I guess...
    Maybe in P2 if it's stock
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

done a 9 lap race at nurb not long ago ........................mind numbing !! cyclops
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:45 am

Racerluc wrote:I hope I can join you, really like Endurance Racing;
    Jo or myself (depends on if I have to work) will drive a Mazda B09/86...
    Not so sure 'bout that choice yet , we're still fighting What a Face I wanted to race with a GT.

You could both race, do it in two stints perhaps? Depending on when you need/decide to make a pit stop of course. That way, the only problem to solve is which car to drive Razz

Racerluc wrote:Can we race with the Ferrari 333SP ? It won at Sebring in the '90s I guess...
    Maybe in P2 if it's stock

I guess that would be okay. I went for cars from the last 10/11 years really. I'll see how it stacks up against the other cars from the same class and put it in the correct category for you Smile

robdog wrote:I tried a calculation of how many laps of Nürburgring would take 2.4 hours. I believe 18 laps would be right there. You can add or take a few, but that is about it. Hell I struggle to keep a lap under 10 minutes. I haven't found the ride/perfect tune yet.

SimF40 wrote:done a 9 lap race at nurb not long ago ........................mind numbing !! cyclops

It's a difficult circuit, yes. I've managed to get a decent tune, but as for a decent lap, forget about it. I did have a go at doing some long distance runs this afternoon, after 35 minutes, I'd had enough and quit. So perhaps it's not such a bright idea after all Razz

------------------------------------

Tell you what though, don't know if anyone but me and Rudyard have the September car pack, but the new Viper race car isn't half planted! Upgrade the tyres and apply the first restrictor option and it's practically glued to the track. Needs some serious gear tweaks though, in stock tune it may as well have no sixth gear, because unless you short-shift from 5 to 6 on normal sized tracks, you never get anywhere near it.
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:10 am

I would race the nurb , don't know it very well but I like the idea. I suppose my first choice would be Sebring though. My main worry is using stock as I don't tune I would be running a default car, unless of course someone doesn't mind sharing their tune. Smile
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:36 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:I would race the nurb , don't know it very well but I like the idea. I suppose my first choice would be Sebring though. My main worry is using stock as I don't tune I would be running a default car, unless of course someone doesn't mind sharing their tune. Smile

I opted for stock to separate the classes a little more, but I'm happy either way Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:09 pm