Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
granturismoman
Rudyard77
Racerluc
SOULREND KNIGHT
Mr Antt
11 posters

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 3 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:11 am

Good racing tonight once again, the replays are very entertaining, thanks for gifting Antt.
    Second race I cracked under pressure near the end from jim who hounded me lap after lap, it was always going to happen, Very Happy
    Nice drive jim.

jim1
    jim1

Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion] - Page 3 Empty Re: Total Racing Europe - SEAT Leon Supercup Championship [Discussion]

Post by jim1 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:43 am

Great fun again tonight, thanks everyone!

It was close between us in that 2nd race Soul! I tried an ambitious overtaking maneuver at one point and totally messed it up and just missed taking you and Eighteen 0 five out. It went differently in my head. haha Very Happy

Looking forward to next week already. I haven't raced Catalunya much, so I had better get practising!
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

Great fun guys. Really enjoyed the races again. Thanks to all.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

Mr Antt wrote:There's an announcement I'd like everyone to read.

Sorry it's a little "ranty", but it addresses this exactly.

Not 'Ranty' at all. 3 cars wide going into that 2nd corner was always going to be a bit iffy!
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm

good fun yet a gain this week , first race sucked for me .
    Got a good start off the line and got up into 2nd place and then out braked myself at the second corner and went head on into the wall , front aero wrecked , got back on track and got tagged by someone , apologies to who that was as i think i must of come across the front of your car coming back on track.So pitted on the end of the fist lap but aero was goosed which resulted in running 3-4 seconds a lap slower.In total i pitted 3 times but kept going to get the points ! Hope i kept out of everyones way when being lapped ,i tried to let you all pass at the safest points on track.

Race 2 was a different story , good start and showed the true potential of the car , fastest lap set (although dirty)first win of the series and remain 3rd in the championship....................roll on Catalunya, running low 1.20s there at the moment on the same set up so may be able to get into the 1.19s ?
    Maybe do some mid week runs again if anyone wants to join in
    Cheers
    Sim cheers

ps:

good comments Ant nd not a rAnt................seriously though we all need to keep within these rules so that we all enjoy racing together and maintain the club standards not only for us but new members joining.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 4:18 am

Looks like they have been copying off us at the Grand Prix Very Happy

Grand Prix 1st corner
    Knee_Draggin
    Knee_Draggin

Post by Knee_Draggin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

Hey guys, just joined up and keen to get on board on this series. When's the next race and could someone please send me the livery? Cheers
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:52 pm

Knee_Draggin wrote:Hey guys, just joined up and keen to get on board on this series. When's the next race and could someone please send me the livery? Cheers

We race every Friday at 9PM. You can find all the details in the official thread Smile

I'll get the livery sent to you later - Message & Friend Request me on XBL so I don't forget please, also so I can gift it to you. Smile

Oh and Jim, I watched that Live on Sky F1, simply couldn't believe it. Sorry, but as much of a Lotus fan I am - Grosjean did not need to come that far across, he had so much room on his left side. He's still a GP2 driver, needs to just be a little more careful - The cars are much bigger, and much more powerful. You'd think after being in F1 twice now, he'd have realised that.

But, that's for another discussion Razz
    Knee_Draggin
    Knee_Draggin

Post by Knee_Draggin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

FR and PM sent :-)
    Knee_Draggin
    Knee_Draggin

Post by Knee_Draggin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:48 am

SimF40 wrote:....roll on Catalunya, running low 1.20s there at the moment on the same set up so may be able to get into the 1.19s ?
    Maybe do some mid week runs again if anyone wants to join in...

How in God's name are you managing low 1.20s??!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:55 am

Are you by any chance on the GP circuit rather than the national? Looked on the leaderboards and you don't appear to have popped a time in yet.

People who've set a time in hot lap mode have all gone quicker than 1:22, so it's easily achievable. So far, you guys are all separated by about 3 seconds.

It's going to be close this Friday, I can tell!
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:15 am

No , National circuit , 1.21.305 clean on Forza leader board , low 1.20s pretty dirty.
    Knee_Draggin
    Knee_Draggin

Post by Knee_Draggin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:25 am

Well I have to say I'm pretty happy with my GP circuit laptime anyway seeing as I haven't got a tune yet. Now to try the National circuit...
    Knee_Draggin
    Knee_Draggin

Post by Knee_Draggin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:39 am

Great racing today everyone, really enjoyed my first round with you guys. Might grab the replays later and take a few snapshots that I thought epitomised the style of racing today...

Looking forwards to Silverstone next week :-)

PS: I was DynaMike101 Smile
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

First off, sorry for ruining people's first race. It's totally out of character for me to be driving in such a way, and I'll do as best I can to make sure it will not let it happen again.

But, on a much lighter note - Tonight was great overall. Well done to everybody, I had loads of fun! Some amazing battles at the front, midfield and the back of the grid. It truly is a pleasure to race with all of you, and I hope we can continue this strong form in the races to come!

Good luck to you all for Silverstone, I had better get tuning and practicing!

I've updated the results, so go ahead and check them out. It's all very, very close at the top now! Very Happy
    stirlingsheep

Post by stirlingsheep Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:16 am

First race I think I may have bumped Rugard on 1st corner, sorry dude, I made up for it by moving slower than a slug for the rest of the race.

Turned off assisted braking for race and ta-da finally I dont finish 3 minutes behind everyone else. Woo.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

That was a great 2nd race I missed! I've only quickly scanned it from the first 4 places but looks great!

Looks like I should of cruised around for those 7 points now! I'm not here for next weeks race either so remember to save those replays!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:45 am

2 great races today, especially the 2nd race. Me, Soul and Blue had an epic battle for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Could have gone to any one of us! Excellent fun, thanks everyone.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

stirlingsheep wrote:First race I think I may have bumped Rugard on 1st corner, sorry dude, I made up for it by moving slower than a slug for the rest of the race.

Turned off assisted braking for race and ta-da finally I dont finish 3 minutes behind everyone else. Woo.

Don't worry about it mate, these things happen.

I had lots of fun again this evening, thanks again everyone! Two great races :-)

SimF40, I'm really sorry if I caused confusion when you tried to lap me on the first race - I tried to stick to the outside for turn 1 and suggested you pass me on the inside over mic, but I guess in hindsight my communication and intentions weren't clear... Apologies for that.

DynaMike, great racing those last few laps on race 2 - sorry if my initial overtaking manouvre was overly aggresive.

Too bad I'll be missing the next two sessions at Silverstone and Infineon, but I'm away with work. I'll see you all in a few weeks time. Have fun! Smile

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:32 am

Yeah, if the 2nd race would have been "real" live on TV it could become a classic. I thought I would have been overtaken by one after another with my slightly damaged engine and my 100% wrecked gearbox. I am astonished I could keep my position.
    I'll try to cut some scenes together to a video at the weekend. From what I saw in the replays there were many manoeuvres, overtakings and what not ever.
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:06 pm

great racing again last night guys!
    thought it was all going to go pear shaped on the first corner in the first race but i mansged to get away with only minor damage and was kept under pressure from EighteeN O FivE through the whole race....................need to have a look under jims bonnet............that car is quick!
    second race got aero damage at the beginning , a blue Leon was lagging really badly and was all over the place, but kept going to get the points to maintain 3rd in the championships and reel in the 2 guys ahead of me.
    all in all a good points haul and look forward to Silverstone...............not a track i like !
    Cheers
    Sim cheers
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

I wasn't able to race yesterday Crying or Very sad
    Can someone send me the replays?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

I'll send them to you.
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Thanks for the replays Bluesky;
    This is getting out of hand! 25 laps to race and again peoples race are ruined on the first corner!
    I've watched Jo crashing on the first corner on both races,on the first race trying to avoid a collision between 2 other drivers in front of him, but on the sprint race someone just slammed into the side of the car... We (Jo and myself) are not the fasted drivers but at least give us a chance to race.
    Everyone want to race and have fun,but not like that...
    Maybe we could think about rolling start or something, or penalties, that should be given on the next race.
    By now everybody knows who's fast and who's not so fast. If someone's behind me who's a lot faster, I won't stand in his way, just no use doing that. If we show a little more respect for each other it could be so much more fun.

Greetzz Luc

PS; What was that blue car doing, weaving al over the place, blocking everyone?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:55 pm

The blue car or better his driver seemed to have had ionternet connection lag issues. You sometimes can see cars zipping and hopping in public lobbies, so that time the lag was "only slightly" but extremly annoying for some people.

I agree that the start in race 1 was horrible again. But in my eyes a rolling start won't prevent anything as long as everyone thinks he can preliminate the race in the 1st corner. It seems that some guys still haven't noticed that in the first lap in sim mode the tyres are cold and the brakes too.

I am sorry to say that but the only way to keep things clean is to impose penalties in my eyes. And I am sure nobody wants that it goes this way. So please try to be a little more calm and regardly. There are 25 laps left to gain positions.

4 of my 6 races were ruined by others either in the first corners or by trying to overtake where you can't overtake like trying to push an elephant through a mousehole. So I can understand you but I still hope that everyone is mature enough to see his own mistakes and to try to be a little bit more regardful, calm and patient.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:08 pm