Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Assists Poll & Some Information

Poll

Which of the following do you use when playing Forza Motorsport 4?

[ 4 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left10%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left0%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left2%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left14%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left5%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left14%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left7%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left19%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left5%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left0%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left12%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_left7%Assists Poll & Some Information Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 42
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Assists Poll & Some Information Empty Assists Poll & Some Information

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

Hi guys (and soon to be girls),

Just thought I'd throw a poll up having had a discussion with Ben about what official series we'd like to get up and running.

I'm sure you're all aware that some members use assists that others don't, this is a natural aspect of the game, and as far as I'm aware nobody has any problems with those who use said assists. The idea of the poll is just so we can get an understanding of what assists people use before any decisions are made on which to exclude from the actual series itself. After all, we want to do things properly here, but we don't want people feeling they can't take part because of certain rules and exclusions, etc.

If you wouldn't mind voting, but also commenting below with what you voted for just for good measure it'd be very much appreciated. I think I've covered all of the relevant assists, as things such as rewind and world tour mode of course can't be used online.

We'd like to get the series up and running as soon as possible, but hopefully make it fun, exciting and available to everybody, so if anyone has any ideas they'd like to present please feel free to comment in the thread here: https://totalracingeu.forumotion.co.uk/t40-one-make-series-car-check

Thanks,

- Anthony.

Last edited by Mr Antt on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Assists Poll & Some Information Empty Re: Assists Poll & Some Information

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:29 am

I find I generally race quickest with all assists off and a manual with clutch.
    I personally also find a little bit of fear more enjoyable!

Ladies? This club keeps on getting better! Smile

The only thing I use traction control on is the #%^*+} Huyara, and the odd R1 car if I'm on a short track.
    With racing cars I often lose the clutch and just use manual, like the sequential gearbox they have IRL. I like to dress it up as realism but it's actually my inability to keep pace with those monsters!
    Jo,
    Jo, "Leonardo0503"

Post by Jo, "Leonardo0503" Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

Hi guys
    Just want to say that I race with those assists not to be faster than the others, but to be able to keep up with the rest and have a real race...
    I've talked with my father about this; and we have great respect for those who can drive without those assists, but some people just need them to keep it interresting.
    Hope you guys (and girls) will understand.
    Greetzz Jo and Luc.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 2:58 am

The only assist I use is TCS for some cars. I can race without, but prefer not to have to worry about getting the power down too early coming out of corners.

I use normal steering, I always thought simulation steering was if you had a wheel so I have never tried it.

All the assists slow you down to some degree anyway, especially stability control, ABS and auto gears.
    Ben2012X
    Ben2012X

Post by Ben2012X Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:03 am

I failed to mention I often use full racing line when hot lapping. Embarassed
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:45 am

The only assist I use is the braking line. I don't follow it religiously, I just find it helpful as a further visual reference point.

I use: sim steering, manual with clutch, and have ABS, TCS and STC usually all set to off. However, I might very occasionally put TCS on if I'm in an absolute beast of a car such as the Koenigsegg CCGT.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

Thanks for the information thus far.

- Anthony.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:03 pm