US Grand Prix

robdog

US Grand Prix

Post by robdog on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

This was a big deal here in the States. Just curious what you people thought about the race? There was a lot of action on the track. Was it too wide? There were cars all over the place, which made it more exciting IMHO Very Happy
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Re: US Grand Prix

Post by Mr Antt on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:57 pm

Thought it was quite the race to be honest! At first, I didn't like the track. Thought it seemed too busy, too many uneccessary changes of direction. But as the weekend progressed I found it growing on me, and I hope it sticks on the calendar for many years to come.

Abu Dhabi was the best this season in my opinion, but Austin wasn't far off.

I was a little peeved about the Ferrari scandal, purposely demoting Massa to shift Alonso over, but if team orders aren't banned, hey-ho.

Looking forward to Brazil next week, should be one hell of a decider.

Post by EighteeN O FivE on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

I've just finished watcing it & I thought it was a great race, lots of close racing & overtaking. Great drive from Lewis. Not sure about the track layout but I liked the look of the elevation changes especially at the first hairpin!

I thought there might have been a bit of a pile up on the first corner too but I'm glad there wasnt!

It's all down to the last race now for the championship, Brazil should be great... Unless its wet!!!

I've also seen that F1 2012 is now half price in GAME so I might have to go pick that up!

PlaY HarD, PlaY FaiR!
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:11 pm

It's forecast rain for the weekend, title decider should be one hell of a race!

Post by robdog on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:37 am

Mr Antt wrote:It's forecast rain for the weekend, title decider should be one hell of a race!

So let me get this straight, If Vettel finishes 3rd or higher he will be Champ. Now Alonso needs Vettel finish fourth, but he has to win. That will cause a tie. Any lower finish by Vettel w/ an Alonso win, then Alonso is Champ? Intriguing possibilities, but Vettel will be Champ at the end of the day.
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:48 pm

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Vettel. However, since I'm a fan of neither contenders I'm not all that bothered. If I had to choose, I'd pick Alonso. I can't help but feel like Red Bull are ruining the sport. We're heading back to the days of Ferrari and Schumacher. Too predictable, boring, etc, etc.

With a couple more podiums under his belt, I reckon Kimi would have won, and I wanted so bad for him to do so. He's been by far the most consistant driver all year. 2013, bring it on!

Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 24 Sep 2018, 4:53 am