Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
SOULREND KNIGHT
kirschned
EighteeN O FivE
jim1
Rudyard77
fraser54
Mr Antt
SimF40
12 posters

The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread)

The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread) Empty The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread)

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

the racing series is official but in the wrong subforum, I know. Laughing That's only due to the fact that the official club event section is locked. Both threads will be moved by Anthony later.

The announcement is a little short- dated, sorry for that. But I guess everyone has expected it and most of you guys are testing, tuning and comparing a lot of cars. It is good to see how much you are looking forward to the new series and how much effort you put in it.

If against expectations there are 6 or less people we can held the 1st race as a test session and delay the kick off for 1 week due to the point that the announcement is that late.

To compensate the late release we have decided to choose Mugello as the 1st track, because nearly all of you have tested their cars there.

If someone needs help with a tune or needs a tune at all please let me or another member (fraser and Anthony can do tunes too and I am sure they are willing to help) know.
    SimF40
    SimF40

The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread) Empty Re: The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread)

Post by SimF40 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:50 pm

totally clueless on which car to run...............looking at the Alfa.......help!

The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread) Empty Re: The TOTAL RACING EUROPE pre '66 classic car clash (discussion thread)

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 11:55 pm

Put me on your friendslist please, then I can send you a tune...

It seems to end with 7 Alfa's against 1 Jag D- Type, 1 MG and 1 other car this week. Laughing
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:18 am

I'll take my E-Type to my first club victory if it's the last thing I do!

BRITISH POWER!!

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:49 am

Then I should take my MB 300SL, but it is at least 2 secs off the pace. It is funny how different B500 can be. Normally you would say B500 is equal to B500, some cars have more power, other ones a better handling. That logically should even things up, but it doesn't.
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 18 Oct 2012, 1:26 am

I think we'll see different winners at different tracks, so it'll be interesting at least Smile
    fraser54
    fraser54

Post by fraser54 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 2:22 am

hopefully we will get a lot of people at each race and other members that did not take part in the last series.
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 2:46 am

bluesky0870 wrote:Then I should take my MB 300SL, but it is at least 2 secs off the pace. It is funny how different B500 can be. Normally you would say B500 is equal to B500, some cars have more power, other ones a better handling. That logically should even things up, but it doesn't.

I'd love to see a 300 SLR on the grid! I can't afford one... I know a bunch of you have been doing a lot of testing at Mugello - but seeing that the MB is off the pace there, does that mean that its likely to be off the pace of those same cars at the other tracks too?

I think my MGB might be well off the pace too... hmm best go and test it I guess, but I love it anyway!

I will work on the livery this evening.

Looking forward to this series. Really hoping a few other members come along to this one. Would be great if we could get a grid of 13/14+ instead of 9 or 10. Here's hoping...

jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:49 am

Just an idea, but because of the big list of eligible cars and the variety, what if you could only use the same car for a certain number of races?

This could add some extra stategy and make it even more interesting.

Anyway, just an idea. What do people think?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:01 am

Rudyard77 wrote:
    I'd love to see a 300 SLR on the grid! I can't afford one... I know a bunch of you have been doing a lot of testing at Mugello - but seeing that the MB is off the pace there, does that mean that its likely to be off the pace of those same cars at the other tracks too?

I think my MGB might be well off the pace too... hmm best go and test it I guess, but I love it anyway!

I will work on the livery this evening.

Looking forward to this series. Really hoping a few other members come along to this one. Would be great if we could get a grid of 13/14+ instead of 9 or 10. Here's hoping...

I don't have much hope that the car could be competitive at any other track too. Sad It is the same with the MGB, at least 2 secs off the pace too. But it is light weighted and with an adjustable gearbox it maybe can be competitive on shorter tracks like Iberian or Sebring.

@Jim I think you will be forced to use different cars on different tracks if you wanna be competitive. i don't believe that the Alfa does well for example at the Alps track, it is underpowered to climb up fast enough or to go the long downhill straight at Maple Valley, where it also usually rolls over by hitting the curbs because of its light weight like at Sebring too.

I've tried to find a mix of tracks with different track profiles and I am sure you have to switch your car at least 3 times.

By the way, thank you for the hint, I forgot to write down a rule, the event information thread is updated and the added rule is bold.
    That's not a reprisal but it should make sure that you are engaged in the series and find out the right car for the right track. See it as a little reward for those who spend a lot of time into practising.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:10 am

I'm putting my 2 cars (DB5 & 250 Cail) in the garage if anyone wants to use them Smile
    Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:50 am

Good idea to allow changes of car through the series. It should help those are are willing to put the time in testing etc.

Sadly my MGB didn't drive as I was hoping it might. As much as I like it, I reckon I'll be jumping ship from that and into an Austin Healey 3000. That felt much better for the few laps I did around Mugello earlier.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:01 am

Wouldnt it be fun if we could put all our cars in the club garage & let the game give us random cars for each race!

Laughing
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:19 am

Both topics moved.

- Anthony.
    kirschned
    kirschned

Post by kirschned Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:48 am

nice to be back just at the beginning of a racing series!
    kirschned
    kirschned

Post by kirschned Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:21 am

sorry i had to drop out guys.
    i had someone at the door.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:39 am

Can someone send me the video of the 1st race please?
    SimF40
    SimF40

Post by SimF40 Sun 21 Oct 2012, 4:24 am

sorry for not making the races last night major issues with console......hope ive sorted it

Rudyard77
    Rudyard77
    Admin

Post by Rudyard77 Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:20 am

I just want to say sorry to SimF40 and Fraser for ruining your races this evening at Laguna Seca. Sim, I gave you a bump in the first corner of the first race - not sure how it happened, only a slight nudge but it spun you nonetheless. Fraser, I'm really sorry about that corner in race 2. Entirely my fault.

To be honest, I feel that I've become a bit of a liability on the track these last few weeks - I've caused quite a few incidents here and there and I feel pretty bad about it. In all honesty, I think I need a break from TREU and the weekly meets. I've got all sorts on my plate at the minute and feel quite stressed generally. So I'll just say thanks for all the great racing over the past few months - I've really enjoyed it - and apologies for any knocks along the way. Perhaps I'll join back in again in a month or three if you'll have me. Take care and have fun fellas!
    SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

That's a shame you will be leaving us, I think with the different cars breaking at different times due to a mixed grid collisions will be more frequent, dont be to hard on yourself it happens to us all, There where a few crashes all round, I had the worst time trying to controll the cortina,( me over driving it Embarassed ) I also tagged someone at the start to,sorry guys, I did the same last week before my Internet dropped out.
    These cars dont really appeal to me they belong in a museum lol! Having said that I will be there each week,
    I don't have the time to test so many different cars so I will be sticking to just two or three throughout the championship
    I did have a couple of battles which where hard fought which were fun and I hope fair. Passing is very hard in a swaying pram Very Happy

See you next time.

Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sat 27 Oct 2012, 5:05 pm

Had fun last night, untill seconds before race 2 I got disconnected from Xbox Live ... Crying or Very sad
    I don't have the time for testing and tuning,so I had a tune from the storefront, a quick paintjob and jumped in.
    That little Beetle wasn't that bad Smile
    Rudyard, it's a shame you're leaving,but I understand, if it becomes stressfull, there's no fun at it
    Hope to see you back soon !!
    Elzomb01
    Elzomb01

Post by Elzomb01 Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

Nice drive yesterday.

Sorry for Leaving. But I wasn't prepare to that. I had no Car, so can't tune anything. I just use a car from TREU's garage and It was a bad idea. The car wasn't good prepare for Laguna. So after 22 laps on the last place I gave up cos i don't want to spend another 40 minutes in that condition.

Anyway, Congrats to the winner ;-)
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:55 pm

Rudyard, sorry to read your giving it a break. Guess theres no point in playing if its not enjoyable. All the best if you don't rejoin.

Racerluc - nice paint on the Beetle Very Happy

Elzomb, if you want to race next week and don't have a car, let me know and Ill share a decent one in the garage.

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:19 am

Can you please update the table of this series Anthony? You are the only one who can write into this thread.

Here are last weeks results:

Laguna Seca - Fri 26 Oct

Race 1

Jim - fastest lap
    Blue
    Soul
    Racerluc
    Fraser
    Rudyard
    Elzomb1
    Sim (DNF)

Race 2
    Jim - fastest lap
    Sim
    Blue
    Soul
    Rudyard
    Stripy boy
    Fraser
    Racerluc (DNF)

Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:33 am

Yep, got it all in a list on my computer. I'll do the last three weeks in one go after tonight's races Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 3:45 am