Total Racing Europe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Classic tune

Racerluc
    Racerluc

Classic tune Empty Classic tune

Post by Racerluc Sat 13 Oct 2012, 4:49 am

Hi everyone,
    I got some nice replicas from classic racers, such as the E-Type, 250gto(Ecurie Francorchamps), 250TR...
    But these cars are so hard to tune so I barely raced those cars, ( shame on me, I know Embarassed )
    Can anybody help me to get a nice tune for the Classic Races ?
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Classic tune Empty Re: Classic tune

Post by Mr Antt Sat 13 Oct 2012, 5:34 am

I can take a look Smile

I'm working on one for the E-Type on B class at the moment if you're interested?
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Sat 13 Oct 2012, 9:19 am

These tunes are turning out to be hard!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 6:10 pm

Blue, can you do me a tune for the 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale if you have time? Always liked that car, not sure how competitive it is though. Thanks!
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Sun 14 Oct 2012, 8:30 am

Got some pics on my storefront from my 250 California, and I think the E-type is here on the forum in the gallery...
    I have made a livery for the GTA as well, a replica from one we've seen at Spa Classic, a white one, simple but beautiful,
    the 250 GTO "Ecurie Francorchamps" is another one...
    The California is my favourite one Smile

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:29 am

I'll give the Stradale a try tomorrow Jim. But it doesn't seem to be the worst choice... At least for short to medium tracks. at the tracks with long straights it maybe is a little bit too slow on the straights similar to the Lotus Cortina.

UPdate:
    There are 2 tunes in your inbox, 1 with and 1 without a turbo. I prefer the one without the turbo. The times are even with my Cortina times and as mentioned before, on the long straights it isn't the fastest. but corners much better than the Pontiac GTO.

Update 2: I've fixed the front springs slightly, the car is more stable now and I managed a 2:11:2 in it. The tune is in your inbox.
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

Thanks Blue, I managed a 2:09.xxx in the end! Great tunes as always!

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:48 pm

Ha, you must be kidding. A 2.09 is my very personal best with the Elise or the Lancia 037.
    But it is good to see that my tunes can do so much more in the hands of an advanced driver.
    By the way, to stop you or Souly winning every race, we should decide, that you both have to race with bounded hands. lol!
    Mr Antt
    Mr Antt
    Admin

Post by Mr Antt Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

I've already thought this trough. If we create groups, we can put them in a separate group and alter the percentage of power they're allowed to use Twisted Evil

But we wouldn't really do that...

Very Happy

-------------------------------------

I really need to work on my E-type. It's so loose on the corners. The only reason I'm ever off the pace is simply becasue I'm spending too much time fighting the bloody car!
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

I will put my DB5 in the club garage later for some feedback, I think its still going to be way off the pace though Sad
    Racerluc
    Racerluc

Post by Racerluc Tue 16 Oct 2012, 4:06 am

jim1 wrote:Thanks Blue, I managed a 2:09.xxx in the end! Great tunes as always!

A 2.09 ?! Wow man,amazing! After 15 laps I managed to get a 2.11.xxx with a something I made ( also the GTA Smile )
    Blue, can I have that tune, pretty please? bounce

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:42 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:I will put my DB5 in the club garage later for some feedback, I think its still going to be way off the pace though Sad

I'll give it some laps and tell you my thoughts...

racerluc wrote:A 2.09 ?! Wow man,amazing! After 15 laps I managed to get a 2.11.xxx with a something I made ( also the GTA )
    Blue, can I have that tune, pretty please? :

I'll send it to you. My bank account is... Laughing Nah, just kidding. By the way I managed a 2:11:0 in it. That's more comparable than Jim's outstanding time.

SOULREND KNIGHT
    SOULREND KNIGHT

Post by SOULREND KNIGHT Tue 16 Oct 2012, 6:54 am

jim1 wrote:Blue, can you do me a tune for the 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale if you have time? Always liked that car, not sure how competitive it is though. Thanks!

Now that's spooky, that's the car I have been testing...Smile peas in a pod Jim ......peas in a pod.........Smile well if it's no good we will still be bumper to bumper at the back.... Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:35 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:
    jim1 wrote:Blue, can you do me a tune for the 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale if you have time? Always liked that car, not sure how competitive it is though. Thanks!

Now that's spooky, that's the car I have been testing...Smile peas in a pod Jim ......peas in a pod.........Smile well if it's no good we will still be bumper to bumper at the back.... Very Happy

Ok, I've found my car - have fun with your Alfa and see me from behind. Laughing Laughing 2:09:3 clean,
    2:08:9 dirty after 5 laps. affraid I by myself could not believe it. I thought my Elise and my Lancia 037 are the best cars ever in B - now I've found the real B- Class blast. Laughing
    I can give you a hint - the car is blue. Laughing Laughing

Here are my actual times:

The blue blast 2:08:9 dirty
    Lotus Cortina 2:10:8 clean
    Alfa Giulia 2:11:0 clean
    Pontiac GTO 2:11:2 dirty
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:19 pm

Ive got 2 tunes on my storefront for a DB5 & a 250 Califonia. I cant share the cars in the club garage as they are locked?!?!?

Im getting better times in the Cali but it looks like im still 2 seconds off the pace. So if anyones got some time can I have some feed back?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:15 pm

I'll check them later this day. Do you use bought liveries on those cars? that would explsin why you can't share them in the garage.

If you like you can send me the tunes, that makes it more easy for me.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:12 am

bluesky0870 wrote:I'll check them later this day. Do you use bought liveries on those cars? that would explsin why you can't share them in the garage.

If you like you can send me the tunes, that makes it more easy for me.

Ah! Sorted! Try it now, they should be in the club garage...

Just a quick update: I did a B550 (Wink) tune on my DB5 & could still only manage a 2:13!
    jim1
    jim1

Post by jim1 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:32 am

SOULREND KNIGHT wrote:

Lol, we certainly are!

I have been having a go at tuning a Corvette C1. I managed a 2:11 battling with the car around the track (due to my poor tuning abilities Smile ). I think this car will be quick if I manage to sort out the handling!

Spencer, Ill give your 2 cars a spin later on and let you know what I think and what times Im getting

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:02 am

EighteeN O FivE wrote:Ah! Sorted! Try it now, they should be in the club garage...

Just a quick update: I did a B550 (Wink) tune on my DB5 & could still only manage a 2:13!

Here's the result of the vote of the German jury:

California 5 pts, 5 pointes, 5 Punkte
    Aston Martin 7 pts, 7 pointes, 7 Punkte
    Laughing

The California is fast, but handles like a brick. Far too much understeering. Front arbs are way too hard, rear arbs slightly too hard, maybe 0,1° or 0,2° more toe could help also. Adjust the gearbox, the 5th gear is nearly useless.

the DB5: The car has too much wheelspin and slides by going out of a corner. Front arb slightly too hard, rear arb a little bit more than slightly too hard. If you are using a differential set the values around 55 and 30%, If you don't use one, build it into the car and set values as written.
    Use a 5speed adjustable gearbox and try to lower weight or put in some more power with the PI you saved. Lower the damper settings to avoid that the car is rolling over or trying to take off by hitting the curbs. Rebound stiffness front around a value 3,0 and rear around 2,5, bump stiffness front around 2,0 and rear around 1,5.

I hope that helps you a little bit.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:57 am

If I update the tunes do I have to share them again with the garage?

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:59 am

You can simply synchronize them, then they update automatically.
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:11 am

Both my cars are now updated & in the club garage...

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:37 am

Did my advice help a little bit?
    EighteeN O FivE
    EighteeN O FivE

Post by EighteeN O FivE Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:52 am

I think the cars felt better now but only the time in the 250 got better?

I love the DB5 but I dont think its quick enough.

Im also not completely sure what the front/rear toe angles should be & do these differ on FWD & RWD?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:25 am

I am 2 secs faster in your "new" Califirnia now than yesterday. Smile It really handles pretty well.
    But I forgot that you drive with a wheel, so the "feeling" and steering is a little bit different in general.

About the toe: First of all my apologize due to my English, I meant caster, not toe. But the "wrong" information worked well. Laughing

Usually the tyres look like this from above:
    | |

| |

By setting the front toe negative and the rear end positive by 0,1 or 0,2 they will look like this:

/ \

\ / (exxagerated, I don't have other symbols on my keyboard)

that has the effect that the car can turn easier. By changing positive and negative you'll notice that a Smart needs more room to turn than a tank. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:47 pm